Does anyone make a 7 string lefty locking nut?! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone make a 7 string lefty locking nut?!

My custom lefty 7 string has run into 1 problem - we've had to bodge the nut as we can't find anyone that makes a left handed 7 string locking nut. At the moment we've got this 2 nut thing that's rather weird but works. Unfortunately it's affected the string spacing but it's the best we can do at the moment. Make a young scout happy and point him in the direction of such a device...

Seriously any proper help would be VERY much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 06:08 PM

Re: Does anyone make a 7 string lefty locking nut?!

Yeah dude, Ibanez, They did a run of lefty 7 string lockers, Give Rich a shout at ibanezrules, if anyone can get one i am sure he will for ya Bro

Rob
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Ok e-mailed him, thank you!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

No luck with Rich although he gave me a site to check out, thanks anyway. Keep the advice coming hehe.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Ok Scott at VWall was told by Ibanez that they don't make them anymore, and they don't have ANY themselves (evil LACS probably do though, but as if I could get one from them). Hmmm I'm kinda screwed unless somone can MAKE one for me *wishes*...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:30 AM

Can't you install a right-hand nut???

I had look at my RG-nut and really can't tell any difference between the right and left side....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

As someone said on the JP boards when i asked the same question...

"they aren't universal. The grooves for the strings are cut deeper and wider for the heavier gauge strings while the lighter gauge strings are shallow and narrow. If you try putting the strings on them backwards, the heavy gauge strings will sit too high off the fretboard, and the light gauge strings will buzz."
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming_neon_black
Ok Scott at VWall was told by Ibanez that they don't make them anymore, and they don't have ANY themselves (evil LACS probably do though, but as if I could get one from them). Hmmm I'm kinda screwed unless somone can MAKE one for me *wishes*...
Ask Darren at ATD, email Jeremy at LGM, and if you get nowhere with them, you could always try emailing Andy Martin and begging
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
Ask Darren at ATD, email Jeremy at LGM, and if you get nowhere with them, you could always try emailing Andy Martin and begging
I e-mailed Jeremy, just waitin for a reply. Sorry for being slow but what's ATD short for?

I will NOT beg for being a left handed freak.....well unless it gets me anywhere.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:35 PM

could always try giving floyd rose themselves a call, they have their contact info on their website(they r about an hour and a half from me heh)

Tags
andy martin , floyd rose , gauge strings , heavy gauge strings , locking nut , string lock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode