Don't know which model... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Don't know which model...

Hi everyone. I've just bought a Ibanez 7-string guitar. But I don't know which model it is. Maybe you experts can help?
I bought it in a music store in gothenburg. They who worked there didn't know which model it was but they told me that some japanese guys from Ibanez had visit gothenburg. They had looked at the guitar but they couldn't see which model it was either!! I'm not into that technical stuff so don't ask me for some specs. But I have a picture of it. Although I don't know where to post it. Maybe somebody know a place or can I email the pic to any of you?

Thanks in advance... Cheesefish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:23 AM

A picture would be good, as that will speak volumes. Take one of the guitar, then one of the bridge. That will allow easy identification. Is it a floating trem or fixed bridge? What's the pickup configuration? What does it say on the headstock? With all that we should collectively be able to figure it all out

James
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:46 AM

What colour is it?
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

I forgot, it's an RG7

The color is black or very dark darkblue. The neck and body contour and the inlays are glow-in-the-dark white.

Here are the pictures:
http://pictures.care2.com/view/1/693518175

You can't see the glow-in-the-dark effect because it has to be totally dark.

If you need more pictures just tell me. (I really want to know which model this is)
Cheesefish
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 01:44 PM

Mmm...

It seems to me that your guitar is a RG7321, cause it's a fixed bridge.

Here's the link http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG7321

Could it be a RG7621?, it would be better if you post a pic of the back of the headstock
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 02:29 PM

I believe, with the bound neck, it is a RG7321.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

I found a text on the back of the head, I don't know if it's of importance, but it says:
CE F0039309 JAPAN

I can upload more pics of it earliest on Monday.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 05:31 PM
Vendor

Since it's a 2000' it's most probably a 7421, but who knows what was available overseas in 00'.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesefish
I found a text on the back of the head, I don't know if it's of importance, but it says:
CE F0039309 JAPAN
The 00's after the F stand for 2000, so, it probably was a RG7421; but like Rich said, maybe there were other models been produced in your country in the year 2K, but it's more likely to be a 7421
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 06:00 PM

Shouldn't it be stamped inside the neck pocket? That is if you don't have any quams about pulling the neck off it.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

The main reason why I want to know which model it is, is this:

Since the employees at the store didn't knew which model it was they didn't knew which price they should take for it. So they putted the price they thought it cost. I got it for 1100 dollars. I want to know if i've made a real bargain or maybe a real loss.(and everything in between) I don't know that much about the RG7 models but I assume it's difference in price between them.

And of course I want to know because it's fun to know which guitarmodel I have.

(That was probably bad english but since english is not my native language you have to forgive me. )

And finally:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketBot
...inside the neck pocket? That...
What is a neck pocket?
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 01:05 PM

1100 American dollars? or your currency?

And the neck pocket is the part of the body the neck fits into. If you take the neck off the body, and look into the spot it was formerly occupying, you'll see a model number I believe.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 02:37 AM

Odd... First off, the first (closeup) pic REALLY looks like the body is bound. Is it? It's tough to tell, but from the second, i'd guess maybe it isn't, but the first... *shakes head*

Just re-read your second post... So it IS fully bound with glow-in-the-dark material? crazy... If so, that's definately not a stock 7421.

Going by the pickups... my guess is Ibanez AH-7's. they're not dimarzio new-7s/custom-7's because the body is black, not brass, and they're not "real" dimarzios, with those black polepeices... which would suggest a lower-end 7. but a few details (i.e- the body binding) don't match up with this.

the body color is really odd. kinda cool, though. Definately not black, if your camera's any good.

My money's on a custom refinish job done to either a 7421 or a 7621. It's definately not a stock example of either of those, near as i can tell with my admittedly limited experience, and if it was an artist model, it wouldn't have been made in japan... or do they only make american artists' guitars in the states?

Also, does the headstock match the body, or is it the normal ibanez gloss black? it almost looks the same color...

I'm really intriqued. Whatevr the case, it appears to be a pretty cool guitar.

-Drew
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Two hands31:
I bought it for 11000 Swedish kronor which is approx. 1100 American dollars.
Drew:
The color of the picture matches the color on the guitar very well. And the headstock color matches the body color.

Is it a risky job to remove the neck from the body and put it back again? I don't want to ruin my guitar . Should I let an expert do this or is it a easy thing to do?
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:07 PM

If you paid 1100 American for a 7421, or even a 7621, you could've probably gotten it for less.

Tags
bridge saddles , darren wilson , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , fixed bridge , ibanez pickups , music store , neck joint , production model , sharkfin inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode