Duncan distortion 7 vs Emg 707 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Duncan distortion 7 vs Emg 707

Wich one you like the most?
wich one will deliver heavier distortion and keep clear at high gain and volumes?
i Havent tested duncans, but ive heard so many good things about them.
i have some emg 81 in my ltd ec-400 and i love them really good crunch and no hum or noise at high gain and volumes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 07:09 AM

Also keep in mind that the EMG requires special routing and won't be a direct replacement for any other pickups out there.

But they do sound really good.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:40 PM

The two pickups are hard to comapare becasue they do different jobs.

First of all the most obvious difference is the fact the EMG's are active, giving them more gain. Secondly The duncan distortion is a ceramic pickup where's the EMG 707 is Alnico meaning the interection between the pickup and the strings magnetically is different.

The resulting sounds are different and sound better in different situations.
Emg's for example are perfect for metal, and they really clean up when required, unfortinately they lack character while clean and can be described as sterile.

Duncan destortions however have a warmer distortion with a tuch more mud and have a smoother more subdued clean.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the replys
yesterday i tested an ibanez rg7321 with a seymour duncan jb on the bridge and i must say that it rocks!!!!!!!!
Super clear at high gain situations, a really good pickup.
Seymour duncan will be my choice, besides i dont need to route the guitar
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 05:31 AM

does the jb do metal very well?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Yes with the jb installed on that rg7321, its the first time i ever heard some good palm mutings on a 7 string guitar, and clear strings at high gain setup.

Tags
duncan distortion , palm muting , seymour duncan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode