EB/MM JPM - New photos/video here - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

EB/MM JPM - New photos/video here

I just wanted to let all the Petrucci fans here know that Ernie Ball has a new page up with photos and video of JP trying out and discussing the development of his new signature guitar. *Click here, and enjoy!

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 03:01 PM

EB/MM JPM

Thanks for link Ian!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 07:02 PM

EB/MM JPM

Thanks Ian. You're cool man.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 08:38 PM

EB/MM JPM

Cool vids. Just looks like another version of the Axis to me...we'll see how he chooses to dress it up if he does at all.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 10:55 PM

EB/MM JPM

I love seeing guitar R & D in action. I wish they'd posted those as decent QuickTime files instead of Real or AVI's.

It does look like a Silhouette with no pickguard, direct-mounted pickups and Petrucci's preferred control layout. (and that “JP” shield insignia inlaid at the first fret)

That red/gold flip-flop paintjob is pretty sweet, though!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

EB/MM JPM

Okay, this caption was orginally posted by "Jizz Cowboy" over at Mike Portnoy.com, but it's so damn funny I had to post it here...

"Look at those f*cking fingerprints! Wash your hands before you ever place your greasy fingers on my guitar again, fat boy"

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 05:33 AM

EB/MM JPM

LOL! Bigtime!
Actually if you look closely at one of the pics, there's an Ibanez Jpm p2! LOL!
Wow! Really cool how Ernie Ball, provides such an insight into Custom Orders! JP Must be a very satisfied musician! The Ibanez Jpm, was essentially an RG with a different paint job, switching scheme, pickups, and neck contour! With this he gets to choose anything he wants! And that inlay is sooooooooo KEWL!

Chris.
Thanks for posting man!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 10:20 AM

EB/MM JPM

I am a total JP fanboy, but one thing worried me about the videos. *If they are customizing it so well for JP to the point of marking up his hand where he hits the bridge then it is really JP's guitar (which it should be) but it makes me wonder how someone with monster hands will feel with it.

I'm buying one anyway, but I am a bit worried that unless you are JP it might feel weird.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 02:03 PM

EB/MM JPM

I dont see te P2 anywhere in the pix.........

I like the sound of the neck pickup in the Axis (that orange guitar he plays) though, real smooth and creamy. *Not as scooped as the Air Norton sound.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 11:24 PM

EB/MM JPM

http://www.ernieball.com/musicman/ar...o/Mvc-0005.jpg

See the guy on the right with the funky shirt, there's a p2 on his lap.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2000, 12:00 AM

EB/MM JPM

That's a damn good eye man.

At first I thought it just may have been his fruity shirt, then I saw the neck, and you could see the fret markers, along with some of the purple and the bottom, (output jack area) of the guitar.

Probably just there for reference...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2000, 12:35 AM
Vendor

EB/MM JPM

"Sure John, we can make you a neck exactly like this one, but it'll have to have our headstock on it"
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2000, 08:02 AM

EB/MM JPM

".....and DiMarzio makes that switch you like, right?"

"....Did you want the colors EXACTLY like this one?"

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2000, 10:05 AM

EB/MM JPM

Christopher must be a Microbiologist to catch a detail like that...... * * *
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2000, 03:51 PM

EB/MM JPM

The fact that EB can't spell PETRUCCI'S name correctly on the page worries me slightly !!!!!!!!!

Tags
air norton , ernie ball , fret markers , ibanez jpm , mike portnoy , mounted pickups , neck pickup , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode