EBMM JPM price increase - Base price raised $170 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

EBMM JPM price increase - Base price raised $170

Topic says it all, they booted the base price up to $1875 from $1705. Not clear yet if this will effect orders placed before the increase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 07:49 PM

EBMM JPM price increase

Rich,

I've had my order (with you) in since early March. *Do we get a choice to cancel our orders if the price increase impacts existing orders?

I know you say no refunds on down payments, but I agreed to the lower price, not the higher!

Thanks,
Gary
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

EBMM JPM price increase

The increase will only effect orders placed after 7/21 Summer Namm. But I had forseen this situation and there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the JPM page covering just this scenario,

IbanezRules cannot be held responsible for errors in EBMM's own figures or in any future changes they make in the pricing schedule, they have already 'adjusted' prices once already. If the prices from EBMM change after you order you will be responsible for any additional amount, or be entitled to a rebate, the sword cuts both ways :-)

This does not apply in your case. If it had, you would have to pay the higher rate though, I (nor any dealer) cannot be held responsible for manufacturers pricing fluctuations.
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 08:40 PM

EBMM JPM price increase

Wow, I don't like that 3rd paragraph of yours, but fortunately I don't have to "fret" it! *;-)

Gary
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

EBMM JPM price increase

Wow, I figured you'd LIKE the third paragraph because *it doesn't apply to you* But the disclaimer has been there since the page went online. Everyone that has ordered a JPM from me should have read and understood it first.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 10:25 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
EBMM JPM price increase

Quote:
Quote: from GuitarLunatic on 6:49 pm on Aug. 9, 2001
Rich,

I've had my order (with you) in since early March. *Do we get a choice to cancel our orders if the price increase impacts existing orders? I know you say no refunds on down payments, but I agreed to the lower price, not the higher!

Thanks, Gary
Email works well for private inquiries like this.

Thanks... glen
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 01:03 PM

EBMM JPM price increase

I wonder if they raised the base price because they can only manufacture 10 a month... *I wanted to be all snuggly about EBMM but they're starting to ****
me off. *They have huge wherehouse places trying to take orders and they have only shipped out a few guitars after having had 8 months to build them.

I'll wait anyway, but I'll just have to be disgruntled while I wait... *It seems like all of the manufacturing problems people talked about with the EVH model and 1.5 year waits seems to be happening all over again.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

EBMM JPM price increase

Quote:
Quote: from lgascoig on 12:03 pm on Aug. 10, 2001
I'll wait anyway, but I'll just have to be disgruntled while I wait... *It seems like all of the manufacturing problems people talked about with the EVH model and 1.5 year waits seems to be happening all over again.
Not true, my first is already being played (he was ecstatic, said he'll be ordering quite a few more) and 2 more in polishing ready to ship. They are having problems with the Vegas Gold though and are delaying that color only an extra month and a half.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 01:41 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
EBMM JPM price increase

I was wondering how long it would take for people to start to bitch/moan about EB/MM like they do ibanez

The HONEYMOON is over ...glen
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 01:48 PM

EBMM JPM price increase

*cough*EDWARD VAN HALEN*cough*
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 05:00 PM

EBMM JPM price increase

Hmm, well I went to the website and looked at their shipping list and according to the list they have only shipped out 89 guitars (~11 a month). *Their list is obviously wrong though since you have already shipped one out. *I've been checking there every day waiting to see mine show up to no avail.

I'm not saying that their slowness will effect any of my ordering, it's just crappy that they can't make the guitars faster. *I can see if they had only had 10 employees or something they would have a low production totals but for a full production model that's being ordered by wherehouse sales places like Guitar Center and Musician's Friend how can they deal with having an item on permenant backorder. *Why carry it at all?

I was thinking it would be a 6 month wait or so, and it hasn't been much longer than that. *But once they started to show up I figured that they could produce them in numbers so it wouldn't be long then. *That is where my thinking went wrong...
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

EBMM JPM price increase

If you look at when they STARTED shipping, you'll see they've shipped 89 guitars in *2* months. Not huge numbers, but not 11 a month either.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 06:05 PM

EBMM JPM price increase

Quote:
Quote: from Kevan on 12:48 pm on Aug. 10, 2001
*cough*EDWARD VAN HALEN*cough*
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 06:09 PM

EBMM JPM price increase

That's true, however they had the model finalized 8 months ago at NAMM. *So if you count from then till now, they had 8 months to do all of the guitars they have shipped. *I'm going to be generous and say that it took them 3 months to get a production pipeline for making the guitars, then they still had 5 months to make 89 guitars which is still a paltry 18 guitars a month.

I'm only trying to bash them a little. *I'm not trying to be an a-hole or anything, just when I saw the price increase the first thought that popped into my mind is "can't make em', jack up the price". *I might be totally wrong. *I'm just glad it doesn't effect my order
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

EBMM JPM price increase

Bash em' all you want, they aren't Ibanez You have to figure it this way, how many they ship a month is how many the *finish* a month. Who knows how long each takes them to actually build. They're shipping 45 a month, so that's what they're building.

Tags
brian moore , custom inlays , direct mounted pickups , ebmm jpm , ernie ball , ibanez guitars , jackson soloist , lock nut , locking tremolo , locking trems , locking tuners , monkey grip , mounted pickups , music store , piezo bridge , piezo system , production model , signature guitar , steve morse , strat style , tone zone , van halen , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode