EBMM Petrucci Dargie delight - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
EBMM Petrucci Dargie delight

OK Guys,

Who can fill me in from a Jemsiter's perspective on the Dargie Delight Petrucci EBMM?

I think I saw JP using one at Donnington this year, but what's the story behind this one?
Is it just a special finish option or...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM

Re: EBMM Petrucci Dargie delight

Its the Dargie Delight 2.
Its a limited edition finish. I think they've ended the run already, but im not too sure.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 AM

Reviews: 10

It's a cosmetic add-on package to several EBMM models, and includes an ebony fretboard. Here's the official announcement from EBMM:

"Highlights include: two tone iridescent green finish "Caramel Apple Delight", maple neck with ebony fingerboard, custom oval white mother of pearl inlays with paua abalone inserts and black pickguard (where applicable). The Dargie Limited Edition is available on all instruments except the Steve Morse Y2D, Axis, and Axis Super Sport models."

It's limited time only however, I think the ordering ended mid-August? The guys over at the EBMM boards are all over the finish .
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 AM

It's gorgeous!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:24 AM

Reviews: 4

Don't quite enjoy it...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM

Great, another one to put on my wishlist.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

thanks guys, anyone know what happened to version 1?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Didn't V1.0 have '****tail glass' inlays? I never really understood why....I also remember they were very limited, there were something like 12 made.

Chris
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Job View Post
Didn't V1.0 have '****tail glass' inlays? I never really understood why....I also remember they were very limited, there were something like 12 made.

Chris
The first Dargie Delight was green, but not this two-tone color changing green. And it did have martini glass with little olive inlays which are just too cool. It was only available for orders during a small window of time. So there are a fair number of them out there and they are all identified somewhere on EB's forum. But when I say a fair number of them, I mean all together. There may only be something like 10 JP6's and 10 JP7's etc. But that color was available on most of their guitars and basses for that special run. I got a 5-string Bongo Dargie Delight and I think there were only 3 or 4 of them made. Here it is in the middle:

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:47 PM

Reviews: 4

green is not my colour
not that one at least
and not on a john petrucci!
get the white one!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:29 AM

I personally think it is crazy cool, and I would love a loaded JP7 in that color I also think the first iteration was the coolest. I believe (but could be mistaken here) 'Dargie' is a nickname of Sterling Ball, and the martini glass with olive (and olive green color?) is evidently something he is fond of...
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Its named after Sterlings' son, Scott "Dargin" Ball , who liked the idea, and Sterling thought that it was ridiculous(in a funny way) and that nobody would buy it, but they made it in the end.

Teo

Tags
petrucci ebmm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode