Edge-Zero II vs. Edge III on RG350M? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Question Edge-Zero II vs. Edge III on RG350M?

I've got a couple questions on the RG350M_YE guitar, and more specifically it's bridge.

1) Is the "Edge-Zero II bridge w/ ZPS3Fe" better than the "Edge III" bridge? (I've never owned or played either)

2) There seems to be some discrepancy in Ibanez's online material.
- Canadian website lists guitar as "RG350MZ" with the Edge-Zero II.
- US website lists guitar as "RG350M" with Edge III.
- North American 2012 electrics catalog (PDF) lists guitar as RG350M with Edge-Zero II.
- US 2012 price list PDF lists "RG350M" with Edge III.

So, which is correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Re: Edge-Zero II vs. Edge III on RG350M?

I just looked at a RG350 and the guy at the shop ended up on the phone for 30minutes after I told him it had the wrong bridge for a 2012. It had a Edge III and I told him i wanted the new 2012 with the Edge-Zero with ZP3FE. He first told me they didn't have them and looked in his catalog. He was going in circles for awhile. Then told me they shipped a bunch of 2012 models before the switch. All I know is I wanted the Edge-Zero with ZP3FE
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM

They had a bunch of the MYEs with Edge IIIs they needed to sell off first I bet.
Jimmy and I both got the MYE with the NEW Edge Zero II. It's hit and miss if you order one. Your best bet is to have one in front of you or talk to someone on the phone before you buy one.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM

I ordered my RG350MP WH from sweetwater and made sure it had the Edge Zero before I got it. I had to wait a couple weeks for it to get shipped to sweetwater from Ibanez.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Reviews: 2

1) WAY better. The Edge 3 is a low end bridge is lives upto it. The Edge Zero 2, on the other hand, is a good, quality tremolo. It has locking studs, the ZPS system, and generally stronger and longer lasting parts, and all of that together, make the Edge Zero 2 a MUCH better tremolo.
2) All 2012 models should have the Edge Zero 2. If a shop tells you otherwise, then either they don't know, or they're trying to get rid of old stock with the Edge 3, in which case they're also trying to dupe you. Then again, they probably won't try, but it's fun making people look like crooks :P
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 PM

I was going to buy mine from that shop even if I had to order it in but after that I wondered if they were just trying to pull one over on me so I didn't buy one there. I have run out of guitar shops locally that I trust to be fair. I had one that I liked until I realized they sold me a used guitar with a truss rod that was stripped out.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:51 PM

As far as I know they are only making one color of the 350m and it comes with the EIII. Last year they had one with a EZII and that was the Roadster Green Metallic. If you want one now you can get the 350MP which has one but only comes in white, it's like a DX with a maple board. Or you can get the DX or the 370 if you don't mind have rosewood. They both have the EZII. I would guess they kept one on just to get rid of the EIII and next year their all going to EZII, but it's just a guess.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Reviews: 12

I think the edge zero models have Z at the end theres still a fair fewn nos models with the edge III, I really would suggest getting an ez II equipped one I had an RG350mdx and hated it the Edge III is probably one of the worst bridges i've encountered plus it's durabillity is well below averge lfr models...

The newer models have the wizard three neck which is something i'd like to try as I found the II far to square and uncomfortable..

Hope you enjoy the new guitar...

Im sorely tempted to get a starlight blue and change the pickups/electronics...
Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 PM

I recently traded a MIM Strat that I paid $120 for a brand new yet 2010 RG350 Yellow. This guitar is amazing for a lower end Ibanez. It has the edge III and I've heard they are crap however mine sustains better than the Edge on my RG570 and stays in tune better too if you can believe it. I was pushing and pulling on this the other day like crazy for the first time and to my ear it did not go out of tune at all. If it did all the strings went out the same degree because they are at least in tune with each other. I couldn't believe it. I set it up to where it is perfectly level so maybe I just need to double check my Edge but it has never stayed in tune the way this one has. I am extremely pleased with this guitar. The maple fretboard is awesome, the pups are extremely hot and sound nice. I can get a pinch harmonic out of it just looking at it Never had a guitar so easy to make scream with the harmonics like this one.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 PM

Reviews: 4

EZII > EIII
Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
I recently traded a MIM Strat that I paid $120 for a brand new yet 2010 RG350 Yellow. This guitar is amazing for a lower end Ibanez. It has the edge III and I've heard they are crap however mine sustains better than the Edge on my RG570 and stays in tune better too if you can believe it. I was pushing and pulling on this the other day like crazy for the first time and to my ear it did not go out of tune at all. If it did all the strings went out the same degree because they are at least in tune with each other. I couldn't believe it. I set it up to where it is perfectly level so maybe I just need to double check my Edge but it has never stayed in tune the way this one has. I am extremely pleased with this guitar. The maple fretboard is awesome, the pups are extremely hot and sound nice. I can get a pinch harmonic out of it just looking at it Never had a guitar so easy to make scream with the harmonics like this one.
get outta here... the original edge has big mass and best stability of any floyd rose, PERIOD. i gotta call bs on this.

oh its brand new.. hehe. wait till the knife edges soft metal wears out, then try the stability. my old crappy edge3 was ok for doing divebombs but with pull ups it went out of tune badly.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandnor View Post
get outta here... the original edge has big mass and best stability of any floyd rose, PERIOD. i gotta call bs on this.

oh its brand new.. hehe. wait till the knife edges soft metal wears out, then try the stability. my old crappy edge3 was ok for doing divebombs but with pull ups it went out of tune badly.
Yeah, I hope they don't wear out to fast but right now it is awesome. I've done dives, pulls and flutters and still seems in tune. And maybe it is the super hot pups that make it sustain so long but it sure does.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM

I live in australia and I a few weeks ago bought a brand new Ibanez RG350MZ Starlight Blue here and it's production stamp when made is from OCT 2010. It has the Wizard III neck and Edge Zero II Bridge. It's been an awesome playing guitar so far, staying in tune perfect even with the factory strings still on it!!! I did a lot of research into the guitar before I bought as i did not want the edge III bridge and they are selling off all of the edge III bridges as they see fit. So just look around and you will find one with the EZII on it as i did. The pickups are ok that came with this guitar, but I'm buying some dimarzio's in Blue and also Blue volume and tone knobs to juice it up!! Best of luck!!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:12 PM

Reviews: 2

Can an edge zero 2 fit into an edge 3 route ?
Old 08-20-2015, 10:53 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhayes View Post
Can an edge zero 2 fit into an edge 3 route ?
No they are very different bridges.

Tags
rg350m

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in