From an earlier post, this is what I dislike about the Z
1) The ZPS thing kinda sucks. It makes the trem super heavy and sometimes
doesnt return to zero. But easy enough to fix - Pull the bar out.
2) Fine tuners are AWFUL. No more needs said
3) When you take a string off the saddle piece rattles like death and feels like a piece tin. I dont think this is causing problems(yet), but anyting loose on anything vibrating is asking for trouble
4) With the ZPS out the Bridge actually works OK
5) I like the adjustment knob on the spring claw. I know I probably shouldn't do it but if the whole gtr is a bit flat or sharp (due to temp etc) I will kinda gross tune the whole gtr with the adjuster. I've marked the positions tho so I can reset it when I have more time to keep the trem angle proper .
6) The intonation tool works as it should. - Nice
7) I am concerned with the lack of Mass in the bridge. I will know more when I get the EP fitted gtr. Dont they call the bit that the springs hook into a "sustain Block" ? Why is it so small on the EZ ?
Used to be you could have 2 /3 / 4 springs and control the tension, how can you do that with the EZ?.
And the killer in my mind ,which just reared its ugly head-
On some notes there is this wierd effect which manifests itself in 2 different forms.
1) The note - without vibrato - will seem to rise to the harmonic.
2) The note will ring for a very short while - like 200 milliseconds then choke to nothing.
Here are the details
1)The guitar is new and the frets were very well dressed (Thanx Rich)- I have a Stewmac Fret rocker and there are NO high or low frets.
2) First time it was the higher D on the B string, second time was the higher C on the G string. Too high up the neck to be relief problem
3) Raising action to 2.5 mm did not help
4) To fix the problem I take my pick and jam it between the saddles and give it a little twist TADA problem solved. I tried tightening intonation screws - they are plenty tight.
The palm muting thing is actually trivial, I just want to know.