Edge Zero Stud Lock Screws - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Edge-Zero Stud Lock Screws

Hi!

While I'm waiting for my RG2550Z (2010) to arrive I started reading about the Edge Zero bridge and I have some doubts about the Stud Lock mechanism. In the manual it is written that the stud lock screws can be found in the accessory bag. So, are they not installed by default? If so, why don't they install them in the factory and make users disassemble the unit to put them there? What happens if you don't install them?
As I said, my guitar hasn't arrived yet and I don't what it's like in my bridge but I want to find out just in case.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mooomin; 02-14-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 07:50 PM

Re: Edge Zero Stud Lock Screws

If this is a brand new guitar from 2010 the studs are probably in a small bag in the larger nylon bag.

The newer Prestige guitars that I have had over the last couple of years have had them already installed.

Either way, you won't know until you get it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

It's a second-hand guitar so chances are the previous owner have had them installed. I just find this practice a little strange. Why aren't they installed in the factory?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 07:33 PM

I agree with you on that! 3 of my J-Customs had them in the bag and I had to install them. Was a pain. Now they factory install them so it couldn't have been for any other reason other than some kind of cost cutting measure, perhaps?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 07:49 PM
Vendor

They put them in the bag because of the problems with the original locking studs, nobody knew about them and it led to problems with having them locked, not locked, breaking studs, what's wrong with my guitar, I can't lower the action, etc.

It's a much different age today with all the information so easily available. It took 2 years of prodding, explaining to them how idiotic it was to have locking studs but have to remove the trem to be able to install them, something your normal average guitar player might not even know how to do, so JUST PUT THEM IN THE STUDS TO BEGIN WITH!!

They finally saw the light and started installing them, 2010 I think.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 07:53 PM

Interesting! Always get the straight goods from Rich on this. Thx!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for clarification Rich!
PBGas, what year were your J-Customs?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 PM

I had a 2009, 2010 and 2011. Interestingly enough, I sold them for more than I paid for them. I was surprised but the timing was right. I had an issue with one of the Edge zero trems on one of them.

Tags
edge zero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode