EGEN18 - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 AM

Re: EGEN18

I would never play someone else's signature model. That said, it looks pretty nice. I'd lose the grip and get some cooler inlays, but otherwise its neat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
aaa...aaaa....AAAAA(j-custom)CHOOOO.

excuse me...

rich
That's the best comment I think anyone has made about the Egen so far
post #33 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
That grip on the top horn has to go.
+1 , thats brutal
post #34 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chone View Post
I can't stand those damn pickup rings, especially the neck pickup with those two extra frets. It just looks like poor planning.
I'm with you.

Quote:
I can see where people would want a nice 24 fret S. That being said purple and gold and a grip cut into the top horn and a $2200 price tag make the official Cid rating for the guitar two enthusiastic thumbs down
And you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
aaa...aaaa....AAAAA(j-custom)CHOOOO.

excuse me...

rich
LOL!

Seriously, I looked again at this guitar and it LOOKS CHEAP! Does this look like $2200? More like $220. And the thing is, Dragonforce only have 15 year old fans, there's no way anyone can afford this guitar!
post #35 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I can't believe the thread got this far without being called "Everything you know about 24 fret S-series guitars is wrong".

oh gosh.. dont even mention those coffee table guitars.. lmao
post #36 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Vendor

15 year old fans have parents with enough money to buy anything they want.....

Personally I like the looks, then I love purple. And the oval abolone has been long missed.

Herman thought they were going to price it around the VWH, and, they did.
post #37 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I'm with you.

Seriously, I looked again at this guitar and it LOOKS CHEAP! Does this look like $2200? More like $220. And the thing is, Dragonforce only have 15 year old fans, there's no way anyone can afford this guitar!

Sorry Dee, but I have to disagree. It doesn't look cheaply made. I think you're overreacting a bit because you don't like DF and you don't like purple.

Of course you can have any opinion you want but I just think saying "it looks like $220," is over the top. I don't mean to offend but if there was a Shawn Lane sig that was the same guitar I don't think you would be against it.

If I was in the market for a guitar like this I would pay $1200-1400. But, I do agree that $2200 is overpriced. Rich is right however and parents usually will get their kids anything.

I know people hate Dragon Force. Personally, I like them because I think they don't take themselves serously and are just playing the most fun music they can. So I understand there will be quite a bit of bias against this model.
post #38 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 PM

Not my style at any price, but why is this in the "non Ibanez" forum?
post #39 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Sorry Dee, but I have to disagree. It doesn't look cheaply made. I think you're overreacting a bit because you don't like DF and you don't like purple.

Of course you can have any opinion you want but I just think saying "it looks like $220," is over the top. I don't mean to offend but if there was a Shawn Lane sig that was the same guitar I don't think you would be against it.

If I was in the market for a guitar like this I would pay $1200-1400. But, I do agree that $2200 is overpriced. Rich is right however and parents usually will get their kids anything.

I know people hate Dragon Force. Personally, I like them because I think they don't take themselves serously and are just playing the most fun music they can. So I understand there will be quite a bit of bias against this model.
I didn't say it looks cheaply made, I said it looks cheap. There's a difference mate! I'm sure it's as well made as any sig model, but the overall look (purple and gold) are colours I'd see some 50 year old tart wearing in the local pub.

If it was a Shawn Lane sig I'd say the same thing because I don't like those colours. It wouldn't change my opinion that Shawn had more talent in one finger than then rest of the guitar world combined (Holdsworth excluded). I'm talking about his music, not his taste in colours, his clothes, his image, or anything else. You don't honestly think I'd be so biased towards Shawn Lane to the point where I'd adore a gaudy purple and gold guitar created in his name, do you? Please. One thing I am not is a shallow, naive, gullible hero worshipper.

If you know parents who can afford to spoil their kids like that and pay for $2200 guitars, man, you must live in a nice, safe area! I don't know a single person who would do this, nor have I ever met anyone like this. $2200 is about the average income per year where I live.

OK, before I start a class war, I'm out of here.

Last edited by Dee; 03-06-2008 at 08:25 PM.
post #40 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Not my style at any price, but why is this in the "non Ibanez" forum?
Because the OP is a tard...

I read on another forum that there was an online petition of some kind to get Ibanez to make this guitar. So I guess the market is there... I like it personally, just not at that price. $1799 is the highest I think I would expect to pay. Maybe let them work out whatever bugs on that bridge first then find one discounted scratch and dent or something.
post #41 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Are those real dimarzios?
post #42 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Dee

what does "E-GEN" mean, anyway? Maybe it's short for "Estrogen"?
post #43 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 PM

Yes, but they arent good for a shred tone. Also you can not use them for Jazz, country, metal and blues.
post #44 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I didn't say it looks cheaply made, I said it looks cheap. There's a difference mate! I'm sure it's as well made as any sig model, but the overall look (purple and gold) are colours I'd see some 50 year old tart wearing in the local pub.

If it was a Shawn Lane sig I'd say the same thing because I don't like those colours. It wouldn't change my opinion that Shawn had more talent in one finger than then rest of the guitar world combined (Holdsworth excluded). I'm talking about his music, not his taste in colours, his clothes, his image, or anything else. You don't honestly think I'd be so biased towards Shawn Lane to the point where I'd adore a gaudy purple and gold guitar created in his name, do you? Please. One thing I am not is a shallow, naive, gullible hero worshipper.

If you know parents who can afford to spoil their kids like that and pay for $2200 guitars, man, you must live in a nice, safe area! I don't know a single person who would do this, nor have I ever met anyone like this. $2200 is about the average income per year where I live.

OK, before I start a class war, I'm out of here.
I do know people who would and have done it. I don't agree but there are people who do it.

And Shawn Lane makes me yawn. Most boring guitarist I ever heard.
post #45 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, but they arent good for a shred tone. Also you can not use them for Jazz, country, metal and blues.
Bluegrass?

Tags
cosmo hardware , direct mount pickups , direct mounted pickups , edge trem , edge zero , eric johnson , eric johnson jazz , ibanez catalog , monkey grip , mount pickups , mounted pickups , neck pickup , pickup ring , pickup rings , pickup switch , pickup switching , sam totman , scalloped frets , shawn lane , signature guitar , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

EGEN18 cost?
rare egen18 ibanez black hardware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode