Electric Harp Guitar Project - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Electric Harp Guitar Project

So I've grown tired of looking around through builders trying to find harp guitar builders at a reasonable price. I'm basically just looking to learn and see if it is an instrument i'd be interested in putting some decent money into in the future. So we have an RG570 AANJ neck laying around at my parent's house and decided to put it to good use. Below is my mock up drawing and first template made from MDF. Looking to dump magnetic pickups altogether and just use a piezos. This is going to be more for ambient style music, or simulated acoustic tone. I've found a bridge and individual string bridges both with piezos built in by ABM guitar hardware. I believe hipshot has a bridge with piezos built in as well. Not sure which would be better. Does anyone else know of anyone making individual string bridges with piezos in the saddles? i know it's a strange project and i'm not sure how well it will turn out, but i'm going to try.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 01:50 AM

Re: Electric Harp Guitar Project

looks interesting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode