Encouraging email from Warmoth - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Encouraging email from Warmoth

Hi all, I sent an email to Warmoth asking for Ibanez style necks (yah, its like beating a dead horse) but I got this response.... Lets try and send more of these to Warmoth coz I KNOW there are many guys out there who would love to be able to toss on custom necks ot their RG bodies. (The AANJ is the best designed bolt-on body on the planet, like it or love it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jeff,

We do intend to do Jackson and Ibanez dimensioned necks in the future but it comes down to programming a special router for it. Right now, it has been put on hold for other priorities so weíre in a holding pattern until further notice.

Years ago we experimented with graphite rods in bass necks. We found that the incidents of dead spots on the neck increased. With a Warmoth Pro neck you really donít need them anyhow; our necks are built like tanks.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Best regards,

Gregg Stewart
Sales Manager
Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 11:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: ***SPAM*** hi, questions

Hi there....

I have a quick question. I was perusing the Jemsite forums as well as the Jackson forums and noticed people mentioning that Warmoth may or may not create 24 fret necks for their products in the future.

Can either be confirmed? I personally have been waiting for a proper 24 fret neck that would fit onto a Jackson/Ibanez body.

Personally, I would LOVE to order one of your custom soloist bodies and do up the 24 frets, BUT, it's just WAY to far back and the heel starts too early. After playing an Ibanez AANJ for the last few years it would be a PITA!

Anyhow, I would be willing to pay a HEAVY upcharge just to have an Ibanez neck made that could be used on a 24 fret AANJ body. Heck, you charge 100$ for the Variax upcharge, why not 100$ for an Ibanez upcharge. I as well as hundreds of Jemsite users would likely as well.

Anyhow, please consider doing this, or at least offering the option (publicly or privately)

IF warmoth is willing to do it, please let me know, I'll toss down a deposit or pay outright for it this very second!

Thanks for any help

(p.s - could a felllow get graphite stability roads in a regular neck for that added stability/strength against environmental factors)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:10 PM

Re: Encouraging email from Warmoth

That is cool news!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 10:59 PM

Thats cool, now we NEED them to do Ibanez bodies as well then we're set. Unfortunately last time I hear, no go for the bodies.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:35 PM

I'd love to get an old school, maple boarded wizard neck for my 550 without breaking the bank. Maybe by June?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

well, bodies are a dime a dozen. Heck, you can buy an RG 321 for 240, sell the neck , buy new pups and a neck, and you've got a PLAYER!

Im quite excited. I love Ibanez guitars, but I am not a fan of the thin Wizard necks anymore!!! My hands just cramp up too easily!!!! BEsides an all birdseye maple neck with stainless steel frets sounds exciting. Pummel them with emails
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:27 AM

COOL .

Regards

Andrť

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 09:12 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt tooling is the problem, licensing would be.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 AM

About three years ago, I also inquired about them making AANJ necks. They responded that they were very interested, but they needed a prototype to work with. They asked if I would be willing to send them my Jem neck for a couple of weeks. Well... I don't own a Jem, but I offered to send them either an RG or S neck with AANJ. They never responded. I think they really wanted to specifically make necks to Jem specs and the run-of-the-mill stuff didn't interest them.

It does seem as if a big outfit like Warmoth would have to be licensed by Ibanez to make AANJ necks, doesn't it? But I know next to nothing about those sort of legal angles...
Bert
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 PM

You can't require a license for the AANJ, it's just a heel shape, and it's copied by most other manufacturers. You just need the basic offset shape. The screwholes would be drilled by the user. They just can't do the headstock. They could make an Ibanez AANJ with a blank head or any other head they chose that wasn't protected. I for one think they're idiots for not doing it 5 years ago. Total fools. You can sell RG necks all day long for $125 at auction. Don't they realize that a custom ordered neck for $200 would sell like crazy? They're fools in that regard. Also think of all the good will they'd foster, being the first company to come out and do it. Don't you think if you were happy with your RG replacement neck you'd come back to them for the Strat/Tele/etc. stuff? They'd increase loyalty. Otherwise you might go to Mighty Mite, WD, Allparts, etc.

.......fools.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Haha, im gonna forward this thread on to their sales guy, they need to realise stuff like this for ALL of our benefit!!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 PM

Yikes! Well in that case what I meant by "fools" is "nice people with a slightly skewed sense of priority" LOL!

sorry Warmoth!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 01:41 AM

compound radius fretboard

Have any of you Wizard/Jem neck fans ever played the compound radius neck? The Wizard necks definately shred, and I love them high up on the fretboard, but I have such small hands that I'm having a lot of cramping and pain when I'm holding open and bar chords and playing low strings low frets. I wonder if anyone out there has tried the Warmoth, and if so, HOW GOOD IS IT? Are there stores around or dealers that would have them in a playable condition? Who can justify $200-300 just to try a new neck out having never played one?
Thanks
Lee
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 10:15 PM

I have a Warmoth and I love it. It is my favorite neck shape, and I LOVE the compound radius. My second fave is a Carvin with compound radius (a bit different - 12"-15", not like Warmoth's 10"-16"). When I sand the Carvin down it'll be *real* close.

But the Warmoth I have is thinner than normal, since it came off a Yamaha Pacifica. A guy at Warmoth says the closest you can get now is their wizard shape, which is slightly thicker than Ibanez's, IF you trust both companies' measurements. If this is so, they're probably right.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo
Yikes! Well in that case what I meant by "fools" is "nice people with a slightly skewed sense of priority" LOL!

sorry Warmoth!

Save! And a beaut!

Tags
aanj neck , birdseye maple neck , custom necks , fret aanj , fret neck , fret necks , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , jem neck , low strings , maple neck , neck shape , pro neck , stainless steel frets , steel frets , thin wizard neck , thin wizard necks , yamaha pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode