ernie ball john petrucci model - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

ernie ball john petrucci model

I tried this guitar for the first time today and holy crap that thing plays so nicely....there a couple of things that drew me to it...#1 John Petrucci, hes a phenomenal player with a great sound...#2 the paint job blew my mind... and #3 everyone looks at it like it shouldn't be touched... I went into the "testing room" with a bass player from a local band and we jameed for about an hour...i tried the piezo and normal settings both sounded incredible. it wasn't even the sound that kept me playing it though; it was the playability of it..i played all different kinds of tunes on it from Racer X to john mayer to Stevie Ray Vaughan... It created a great sound for each. Of course i did have to do a little bit of messing around with the amp and guitar, but it fairly easily acheived the tones i needed.. all in all just a great guitar...feel free to post you opinions...

Justin D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 09:40 PM

Re: ernie ball john petrucci model

I should have mine in 2-3 months. Desert Gold 7 string with inlays and matching headstock, no piezo though, wasn't really interested in it.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 09:47 PM

I played the 7 string version of it. Very nice, and it was the first time I'd played a 7 string.
post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 10:54 PM

I've got a one fully loaded, and it really is a nice guitar.

If I were to get another one (which I probably will) I'd go without the inlays or the matching headstock, but definitely piezo. It really can clean up good.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 10:58 PM

And I think I have to get myself one after all these positive comments....
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 PM

would you say it is better than the ibanez one? If it is, that is a great guitar!
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 11:14 PM

I never played an Ibanez JP, but the EBMM JP is a pretty nice guitar, that's for sure. A lot of people aren't too wild about the pickups at first. They're really not that bad, though. It doesn't really knock me off of my feet, but it is a nice guitar that is comfortable to play. It is very light, very easy to set up, considering it has a floating trem, and overall plays pretty well.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

its weird how you adjust the truss rod...it's in between the neck pickup and the neck...... i wish i had one so bad right now ..maybe i should save up
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 12:52 AM

I tried a fully loaded six string version of it and the guitar was fantastic. I also had the opportunity to play an Ibanez JPM right before I tried the new one too.

The EB/MM JPM is more comfortable to set on your lap and play. The neck felt a bit longer too. Don't know if this was just me or if the neck scale is longer. What's kind of odd is that when I played the IBZ JPM it reminded me of playing my Universe only with direct mounted PU's, no pickguard, and single-coil. That Steve's Special was throwing me off I guess.

All in all, I really like the new JPM and I'd love to have one.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:05 AM

I've owned a JP mystic dream, matching headstock for a whole week and returned it, i prefer my ibanez rg2550exvbb over it, the jp had a great finish, woow the best i've seen after the chrome boy, but playability. no way!!! i've been playing and teaching electric guitar for 10 years and i say: JP should keep his ibanez model (with that mystic dream finish).
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremist777
I've owned a JP mystic dream, matching headstock for a whole week and returned it, i prefer my ibanez rg2550exvbb over it, the jp had a great finish, woow the best i've seen after the chrome boy, but playability. no way!!! i've been playing and teaching electric guitar for 10 years and i say: JP should keep his ibanez model (with that mystic dream finish).
Man, Now I am confused. Is there light at the end of the tunnel??
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

i've never tried the ibanez model but the ebmm model was extremely nice.... if i had the dough on me id've bought that sucker on the spot...
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder
Man, Now I am confused. Is there light at the end of the tunnel??
Wow, that is odd. I loved the thing and actually felt kinda guilty about liking it so much just because I liked it over the IBZ model.
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:32 AM

I've owned 3 EBMM JPs and an EBMM Silo + I just bought a Morse Y2d...great stuff...
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

i wish i had that kinda dough....hahaha

Tags
air norton , body shape , chrome boy , custom jpm , custom shop , custom shop guitar , double cutaway , double neck , ebmm petrucci , electric guitar , ernie ball , headstock shape , ibanez jpm , john mayer , john petrucci , jpm neck , mick thompson , mick thompson model , monkey grip , neck pickup , neck radius , neck scale , neck shape , ray vaughan , signature guitar , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , string bass , tone zone , truss rod , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode