Ernie Ball Silhouette - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Ernie Ball Silhouette

I just picked one of these up on Ebay. Two Dimarzio single coils and a EVO in the bridge. Looks like a pretty sweet strat style guitar, but I guess I'll find out when it gets here

Anyone have any opinions or experience with these guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 07:19 PM

thats the shape that petrucci used to make his JPM models. I really like them really high quality and you can occasionaly get a 24 fret model. Any pics of yours? I wished they used better trems for this. Maybe you could try dropping in an edge trem huh?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 08:13 PM

I had one, sold it to get my Petrucci. It had PAF pros in it (bridge and neck). It was white with a black pearloid pickguard and a hard tail.
The neck was typical Music Man (read axis, etc). I really liked it but it seemed to be just short of "there" in the way it responded I'm sure with the right pickups it would have been great. I'm trying to remember what the body was made of, but it was not basswood... so it had a different tone. All in all a nice guitar. I kinda miss it. Wish I could have afforded to keep it.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 09:07 PM

typically they are alder, but they come with basswood as well
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

I'd post a link to the one I got off Ebay, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.

Mine is fixed bridge, which is what I'm after. I have 4 Ibanez Edge/LoPro/DoubleEdge equipped guitars so I'd like something that sounds a little more Stratty, all while not being a strat Mine has the SSH pick-up config, which is different then stock. Usually they're HSH.

By the way, they're all supposed to be 24 frets!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 09:45 PM

They do give you alot of options with musicmans but the locking trem is subpar to me. anyhow read the rules. Your not allowed to post ebay links theyll be deleted. And no they arent all 24 fret some strat purist just wont allow that. BUt most of them are
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Actually, you can post Ebay links, just as long as they're not to your own auctions.. That's what I've come up with anyway. I noticed a Mod posted links to auctions he won over on the other ibanez guitars forum. So here is mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...32064&rd=1

According to Musicman's website, they only come in 24 fret versions.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:47 AM

Keith richards had a white 22 fret one in the eighties. I have pics somewhere
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Swift
Actually, you can post Ebay links, just as long as they're not to your own auctions.. That's what I've come up with anyway. I noticed a Mod posted links to auctions he won over on the other ibanez guitars forum.
Basically I think the guideline is try to be sensible with the links, like you have been here. You've posted a link to your guitar basically and there's no harm in that.

What we're trying to avoid is someone posting links to active auctions that would be of slightly more than a passing interest to 90% of the folks here.

If some one, out of nothing but good intentions, posts up a thread about a rare guitar that's going cheap, and includes the link to the auction, he drives the price up for anyone and everyone concerned as 100 folks stick in a casual bid 'just in case' instead of allowing the folks who have been actively searching for weeks to find that particular guitar to get the guitar of their dreams. The real fans lose out and the seller's the only one who really really benefits.

If there's a fun auction like say that Peter Max guitar that I posted up about, then it's more a "news story" than an advertisement, after all not many of us could afford to drop the $10K or so it's ok to post it up in the auctions section. Also if there's a moron advertising a JEM at $10000000000 then that too could probably go there. It's not an auction anyone will honestly and actively be participating in so there's no real harm.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:53 PM

Vinnie Moore plays them... enough said

I love them too... I'd really want a steve morse... but I've recently gone to 7 strings, but I may just have to keep a few 6s around... anyhoo...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 12:30 AM

You can get a jpm 7 string brian

Tags
edge trem , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , ibanez guitars , keith richards , paf pro , paf pros , pearloid pickguard , steve morse , strat style , strat style guitar , vinnie moore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode