esp - the best? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

esp - the best?

hi

which is the best (your opinion, not facts) esp/ltd guitar?

does the floyds on the ltd:s stays in tune or is it like a trs?

thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 02:50 PM

esp

I don't know what the best is, but the trems on LTDs SUCK!!! If you do a search you'll find countless whinings about mine I ended up blocking the damn POS :angryfire:
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 03:07 PM

esp

I've heard good things about the sig. models, and I know someone in London who uses a custom model (I think) that's very nice. *But I've heard a lot of complaints too. *I'd recommend them for hard-tail, but I'm not sure about the Floyd-ed ones. *Basically, try 'em for yourself. *See which side you're sitting on.
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 06:11 PM

esp

I have an ESP M II Custom with an original Floyd that is great but I havent had much experience with the LTDs.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 08:40 PM

esp

The LTD's are so so guitars. *Although I once tried out an ESP MH Deluxe in a store and it was awesome. *All of their deluxe and custom stuff seems good from what ive seen. *They are hard to find in this area of Michigan though :angry:
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
esp

The best Ltd imho (lots of abbr ) *is the SRC500 Stephen Carpenter one. There's no trem to go wrong or out of tune and other than that they seem really solid guitars. I've considered picking one up, but I don't get on with either the body shape to well, nor the tunamatic

the best ESP guitar I've tried was one of the KH2 relics. I normally don't go for thru-neck construction but this one played fantastically and sounded great through the stores Line 6 AXSYS2 I guess the active pickups keep it sounding bright and tight
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 07:48 PM

esp

I like the Horizons, with no trem. But then again I'm a "no trem" kinda guy :biggrin:
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

esp

how much is the horizons (with and without trem) ?
sorry, but a yen is not in my mind
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 09:28 AM

esp

Horizons only come (in the states) without a trem. I think they usually run between $400 to $600. Then there's the H1000, but I don't think I'd pay $900 for a Korean guitar.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

esp

Yep as far as I know in the LTD range the Horizon is known as the H series and comes only with a fixed bridge (tunamatic/stoptail) When the Horizon bodyshape has a floyd rose licensed trem ESP/LTD change it's designation to the "MH"

They range from the cheapest H-100 and MH-100 for just a few hundred USD right up to custom shop models from Japan which are thousands of USD.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 10:45 AM

Reviews: 2
esp

look on ebay for ESP Customs, they are generally under $700 and they are the highest quality of guitars you can get. Make sure they say custom shop behind the headstock. All the esp customs i played have been better than Jem7vwh's which is ibanez's best model (besides the RGT, that guitar is just too sweeeeeet).
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

esp

I agree with WYLD STALLYNS, there've been several ESPs on ebay I've considered even though they're not my usual style of guitar simply because they're suberb guitars at frankly rediculously low prices !!!
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

better then jvwh ? well, if so I must take a lokk at´em...
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 01:30 PM

anyone who says this is not worth the $500 BRAND NEW is lying...

I honestly think they make some of the best finishes for the buck
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 01:47 PM

if it's not showing up (why?), enter this:

.http://jemsite.insomnia-vhosting.com...img/1small.jpg

Tags
base plate , body shape , custom shop , duncan designed , fixed bridge , floyd rose , gauge strings , guitar shop , killer guitar , korean guitar , neck shim , playing guitar , spring cavity , stephen carpenter , string lock , trem arm , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode