ESP LTD "M or F" 7 String ?? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Re: ESP LTD "M or F" 7 String ??

The neck is great!!!! Its nice and low, the action is awesome. The intonation is right on. The only thing is it is a little wide, but you will get used to that pretty quick. And the sound is amazing. I found I have been using this guitar for both 7 and 6 string songs just because of the tone. Check one out if you get a chance before buying one. You can always have a tech lower the action for you later. The important thing is the tone and intonation.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 03:56 PM

F-207 +1
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm,,,, F-207 +1. .Makes sense but sounds kinda strange.. Either way this guitar rocks and is supposedly rare? No?
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

The Neck is Amazing Now! I have played many other standard 6 string ESP's and they are all pretty decent. But this thing puts them all to shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The action is low enough like a 6 string, but the 7th string plays awesome with no buzz. Its just crazy and the Floyd Rose stays perfectly in tune. I am running it thru a Line 6 Spider 3, 150 watts stereo. I then Run an A/B switch with one going into the amp, the other side goes into a Korg Pandora, which is patched directly into the board. Then I also Mike the amp If I had another mic setup i would stereo mics.

Anyways,, I digress. Its a great guitar and there are only 150 or so of these 7 string Floyd Rose MF207's that were ever made. So if you get one, it rare and its usually a winner. I swapped the Bridge P?U for a DiMarzio D-Sonic (great for that low B) and the neck got a DiMarzio Liquifire. Which is awesome!!! In Itself...
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 10:59 PM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytsejam777 View Post

Anyways.,,, Does Anybody have an idea What is the Correct Model of this Guitar???
That's a Forest Series for sure. Nice! Didn't know those came in 7s!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 AM

I have one at it is for sale. I bought it brand new like, **** a long time ago. It is an F-350-7. I have the exact same guitar with the skull inlay. I have had it set like 3 times and when I started playing it with my Boss digital effects processor, it was on, I can make thing sound like the best guitar that has ever been played, almost impossible to describe the feeling when I get on it. I love it, but I injured my hand a couple of months ago and my left had is partially numb now with nerve damage so it is for sale if you want a back up. and it did come with the emg pick ups.

Peace!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Reviews: 11

didnt read the thread but im answering anyway.

F-207. thats the F (forest) body shape. the M's are super strats
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice & Input concerning my guitar, which is, as several members have indicated to me. As ESP LTD F-207MF 7String. Which is Black with Skull & Crossbone Inlays on the neck all the way up to & including the 24th fret. As I have mentioned, it originally came with EMG-HZ Pickups in it and 1 volume knob and a 3 way toggle switch. The Neck was perfectly straight with no issues. With the exception of it needing a Good "Setup" including Intonation as well as having the action lowered while still making it a viable "Shred" monster!! .But I had it customized by having a DiMarzio D-Sonic put int the Bridge Position and a DiMarzio Liquifire put in the neck position. I also asked the Tech who did the work for any advice as to what he could do to make it "an Awesome, Killer Sounding, 1 of a Kind Shredding 7 String"! he told me that he could scallop the neck, as he does with all of his own personal guitars. But I was totally against this. Having tried several scalloped necked guitars before and not really caring for that type of action. I asked him about putting in an additional Volume Pot As well as making both of them Push/Pulls and the possibility of "coil tapping" the pickups. He advised me that adding and modifying the pots wouldn't be a problem. But he suggested that I really didn't need to "coil tap" the pickups. Since he was going to add push/Pulls he could get more versatility out of the pickups without having to cut into them. So I told him to do whatever he thought would sound best! While he was working on it, he realized that the DiMarzio pickups were slightly larger than the Stock EMG's.So he had to route the pickup cavities in order to make the DiMarzios fit.But he said this would actually be better (soundwise) as the New Pickup Arrangement would now have the Pickups actually in physical contact with the body of the Guitar.So I told him to do whatever he needed to in order to make it work and make it a special one of a kind guitar.When I went to pick it up, when he was done with it. I was Extremely happy with the work he had done.The action was now as low and as easy to play as any one of my other guitars, including my Ibanez RG450DX & even my 78 Les Paul Custom!But it wasn't until I got it home and plugged it into my Rig that I realized just how awesome it had become!My main Amp is a Line 6 Vetta 2 with the Full FBV Foot controller, which has 18 assignable footswitches and 2 assignable pedals.In addition to having just about every great guitar amp & cabinet simulation as presets, it also has jsut about every kind of reverb,modulation,delay,Echo and every other kind of assignable pedal in it that you can think of!So as I started getting used to playing the "New" "Beast" (as I call it) It soon became apparent just how much better it sounded than any of my other guitars! Including,,(dare I say it, my Les Paul) YikeS!!! So I played it on & off for about 3 years. But everytime I brought it out to play a gig, all the other guitar players I knew wanted to play it and were blown away by not only the great action but the amazing sounds it could get.I think this is due to the fact that several people have mentioned that the body is Mahogany, that and the physical contact with the pickups makes an awesome combination.Well,,I knew something about it was special so I kept "learning" to get used to the 7 string.I even use it for 6 string songs now.But it never Really "HIT ME" until a few months ago when I was asked to audition for a band.I had brought my Jackson Dinky (which has EMG-HZ's in it) which was my main playing axe. And I bought my 7 string as well, maybe just to show it off, whatever.Well, before I started the audition I asked the band which guitar they thought I should use & which sounded better.So first I played my Jackson then I switched to the ESP and then switched back to the Jackson again!The Band was unanimous and Said "Play the 7 String!! It sounds Awesome & so much better than the Jackson!".Needless to say I was offered the 2nd guitarist position.We were going to play Priest, Maiden, Queensryche and other 2 Lead Guitar playing bands.So I played the 7 String for the next 3 rehearsals.But 1 day I broke a string on my 7 string just before rehearsals and had to use my Ibanez instead.The band was very upset, even though they liked the Ibanez better than the Jackson, they said it didn't even compare tothe sound the 7 string made.So, since then I have pretty much been playing nothing but my 7 String for everything now!! And I have grown very accustomed to playing a 7 string! So much so that when I went to Guitar Center the other day to check out the new ESP LTD FRX model (which they had all sold out in less than 24 hours). I decided to try an Ibanez 8 String model! And found not only was it great sounding, but it was much easier for me to adapt to playing it! Than it was for me to adapt to playing a 7 string, the first few months that I owned one.I actually impressed myself with the 8 String! And found it very easy to play despite having such a wide neck and 2 "extra" strings! I am thinking that if I ever get the money, I may have to buy an 8 String just for the hell of it! That being said!! I still Love my ESP LTD 7 String above all of my other guitars.And I especially love the looks I get when I play out and break out this Black Monster of a guitar. Just to play an Eagles tune, or Boston, or even a simple blues tune!! The sound is unmatched. And I have had several serious guitarists make me crazy offers for my 7 string! But I won't sell it. Just like I will never sell my Les Paul! They both sound and play "That Good!!".......

Last edited by Ytsejam777; 03-03-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Tags
esp ltd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode