ESP M-207 worth it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

ESP M-207 worth it?

I've been really dying to get another 7 string and a fairly rare lefty 207 is up on you-know-where, any thoughts on this guitar? Anyone had one before? I doubt the neck will be as chunky as the Schecter I had, plus this has a Floyd (albeit a crappy copy thought) and I'm sure ill change the pickups eventually. I've just never played a ESP/LTD...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:39 AM

Re: ESP M-207 worth it?

heh...I thought about grabbing that one myself....broke tho...and I think it would be better to save up for that Schecter C-7FR
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 AM

I've played a couple of ESP's. IIRC - the necks are fairly thin! Not really Ibanez-thin, but definately not Schecter-bats either. I haven't played that specific model, thus I can't speak with 100% assurance - but if I were you, I'd take the shot.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidgelcaps View Post
and I think it would be better to save up for that Schecter C-7FR
Had one, neck was thicker than a Louisville's slugger. I'm expecting this to be middle ground which would work..
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 02:40 PM

I had a ESP LTD M350 (6-string) was a nice guitar, neck not as thin as ibanez, but no handful either. Nice flat board with jumbo frets. My LTD sounded good and played well, never played one of their 7's, but I reckon it will be fine. Give it a go!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:49 PM

I disliked the trems, but thats changeable of course and as a lefty this looks like a good buy.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 AM

I have one...

The neck is nice and pretty thing, the stock pups aren't bad, build quality was pretty good, and even though the trem isn't OFR it stays in tune without any issues. It's not a 7620 by any stretch, but it's still a solid 7.

I picked mine up for £250 which I was pleased with.

I would say go for it.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 AM

The M-207 was my first 7 string, it's the guitar that made me realize that I want to play a 7 string.
The neck profile is very similar to a Carvin 7 neck (somewhere between and Ibanez and a Schecter) very comfortable to play.
The frets however are medium sized frets and the fret board radius is very flat,
so if you're a big lead player you may not like it (that's what I didn't like), if you're more of a rhythm player I say grab it.
The trem works fine and throw in some real duncans (mine had real ones in it
and it sounded great) you'll be all set.
if mine had jumbo frets I probably would've kept it around.
I paid $250.00 for mine, anything under $300.00 is a decent deal on these.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

I think I will throw some blazes in it. I actually prefer medium frets over jumbo anyways, even for lead work, but I think my 3120 will be getting the most lead work done.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 06:40 AM

i agree with kmanick. I have one, i'm trying to sell it on **** as we speak. not that there's anything "wrong" with it per say, i've just never really felt at home with it. Great for rhythm work though, tight and responsive, but it falls flat where lead playing is concerned. I'd still say go for it though, it's a great guitar, i'm only gettin rid of it cos i got an Ibanez RG7620.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanick View Post
I paid $250.00 for mine, anything under $300.00 is a decent deal on these.
Yeah, but not the left handed ones, their uber rare, I ended up paying $500 for this one with the shipping, a bit much but good luck finding a left handed 7 string with a trem..
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 09:26 AM

I feel for ya, I'm actually left handed but I play "righty"
left handed players always seem to get the shaft.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
Yeah, but not the left handed ones, their uber rare, I ended up paying $500 for this one with the shipping, a bit much but good luck finding a left handed 7 string with a trem..
Dude that's cheap, i got screwed over a treat on mine! I wish i'd never bought it but i got caught up in the moment. I'm from the UK ya see and we dont get alot of ESP over here now-a-days, so this guitar's super rare. I paid £450 for mine (about $900!!) from one of my "friends", and now i'm struggling to sell it for any more than £250. Oh well, you learn from your mistakes i guess. I know not to rush into purchases quite so fast anymore!! In my opinion dude u got a sweet deal
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Just got it, this guitar is sweet, really sweet, its about 10x better than the schecter. The neck is quite good, very flat, reminds me of my Jackson a bit, quite nice and shredable, inlay work is top notch, as well as the fretwork. Bridge is about as good as a TRS. Fairly heavy guitar, well made, stock pickups of course blow, but that was to be expected. I love the headstock, I think its better than Jacksons. I wish I got this thing a long time ago. I'm still having a hard time deciding what type of Dimarzio pickups to put in it..

Last edited by Lefty Robb; 08-22-2007 at 02:21 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
Just got it, this guitar is sweet, really sweet, its about 10x better than the schecter. The neck is quite good, very flat, reminds me of my Jackson a bit, quite nice and shredable, inlay work is top notch, as well as the fretwork. Bridge is about as good as a TRS. Fairly heavy guitar, well made, stock pickups of course blow, but that was to be expected. I love the headstock, I think its better than Jacksons. I wish I got this thing a long time ago. I'm still having a hard time deciding what type of Dimarzio pickups to put in it..
cool I'm glad you like, I liked mine a lot (if it wasn't for those little frets................)

are you in the US or Europe?
I've got a set of Bareknuckles in my Carvin and I really like them , but they're expensive for US guys.
I have no experience with Dimarzios but the Duncan SH-5 custom works geat with 7's (I had one in my Carvin as well sounded very good)

Tags
dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , fret board , jumbo frets , medium frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode