ESP mirage custom? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

ESP mirage custom?

Anyone have one of these or at least played one before? *I'm talking about the ones that look like Jackson soloists, not the ones with the reverse Fender look a like headstock...
Since they're customs I'm sure they all a little different, but I'm just curious to build quality, overall sound, playability, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 05:57 PM

ESP mirage custom?

They are great guitars. I used to have a few. I was an ESP fanatic long before I was an Ibanez one..
Is thjis model neck thru?
If not, is the plate stamped Jaf Box New York?

Let me know as much detail as you can about the particu;ar model.

I quit playing them because of the 22 fret problem...
I dont play them anymore.

Sound wise, the sound great but you really need to extract the tone out of them. Very nice fretboard radius and quality woods are used..
Wuality also will vary on yrear of make...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 08:28 PM

ESP mirage custom?

Quote:
vwall on 7:57 pm on Mar. 8, 2002
They are great guitars. I used to have a few. I was an ESP fanatic long before I was an Ibanez one..
Is thjis model neck thru?
If not, is the plate stamped Jaf Box New York?

Let me know as much detail as you can about the particu;ar model.

I quit playing them because of the 22 fret problem...
I dont play them anymore.

Sound wise, the sound great but you really need to extract the tone out of them. Very nice fretboard radius and quality woods are used..
Wuality also will vary on yrear of make...
Slow down buddy you're typeing all crazy like

I had A ESP M-1 custom same thing. It was neck thru and baby blue.The trem sucked, and I replaced the pickups with dimarzio's. but other then that it was a great guitar I'm sorry I sold it. The frets could have been a little bigger for my likeing. *
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

ESP mirage custom?

Hey texans-
Yeah this model is neck thru. Its a 1987 that I'm looking at...
This one is 24 frets though..
What do you think is a fair price for this guy? *Is it a fairly flat fretboard radius like the ibanez?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 02:21 AM

ESP mirage custom?

sorry for the garbled typing.. I was in a hurry to leave for band practice.

As for the price on that one, i would think around 400 depending on a few things...
Now ebay is another story..

I bought my last Mirage deluxe for $50.00 LOL

sold it on ebay for 425.00
24 frets is a keeper. is it brazillian RW?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 03:18 AM

ESP mirage custom?

I bought my M-1 custom for $400 and sold it on ebay for $500 so I agree with the $400
to $450 which is not a bad price considering the only neck thru Ibanez guitars you can get
will cost you at least twice that if not more so will a soloist I think that the neck thru is the
selling point on the guitar.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

ESP mirage custom?

Neck thru is what I'm excited about.
I asked what wood it is made of, and the seller doesn't know...
Did the trem have issues with staying in tune?
Was the fretboard flat, similar to an ibanez?

It was on ebay, but the reserve was not met...The auction ended at $470. *I found another one on the internet for $595 w/ a gig bag which seems high to me.

Here are pics of the $595.00 one: http://www.nealsmusic.com/guitar71.htm
The ebay one looked exactly the same, except it had passive hums and a black headstock...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 06:27 PM

ESP mirage custom?

The trem on mine just felt stiff and on a few occasions would jump off the post on one
side. the fingerboard was very flat like an Ibanez. I'd try to talk him down on that $595 or make him find a hard case for it for that price. $500 seems to be a better price, I'd hunt one out for that.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 06:43 PM

The mirage custom is a great guitar. I'm a big ESP fan and all of their Custom models are great. My Mirage is neck-thru with an ESP locking trem and EMG pickups. The fretboard is ebony, which is really fast and slick.

The thing that brought me to ESP's is the feel of their necks and the paint. They necks have a thin profile, but not a flat profile like a Wizard neck. The paint they use on their guitars is great because the neck doesn't get sticky at all.

The trem is pretty good, but if you lose the bar, you are out of luck. It took me 2 years to get a replacement.

Great guitars - they go for around $500 to $700, depending on condition.

Enjoy it.
Peter

Tags
black headstock , custom models , fretboard radius , ibanez guitars , jackson soloist , neck thru

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode