Ibanez JEM Forum banner
5K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  CrossingStar 
#1 ·
I just had an idea for a discussion that could be interesting. I know we've had a dream guitar thread, but I'm interested in what you'd get if you could get a custom guitar made, but had to keep the price as low as possible. So, basically, list the specs of a custom guitar that has only the things you'd absolutely need to have to be happy with it (i.e. cosmetics are not important, but you can pick a colour :lol:).

#27 ·
Wordwolf said:
Revsharp, you're using an Afterburner with EMG pickups? :eek:
Well, I guess output won't be a problem. You could turn a Fender Twin into a Boogie with that combo I bet! :twisted:
The Afterburner will be used the same way you'd use a Tube Screamer.
1. I'll use it as a boost for solos.
2. When I'm using one of my clean patches, I can turn the Afterburner on to give my sound a little "dirt" (some light overdrive).

But no, it won't be on all the time. ;)

#28 ·
That's just it, I stopped liking the balls-on-the-headstock look... Having that longer one on the 7 string just made the choice for me. :p

The 'Afterburner' has been around forever guys. Take PA-2 pre-amp, make the switch a push-pull pot, with the old mini screwdriver pot adjustable from the top..

Just don't expect it to overdrive a SS amp on the clean channel - it'll just make the whole tone louder.. Tube it'll distort, though, I think..

Same idea, same curcuit; different name, different style. :D

Personally, if I was gonna use it for a lead boost, I'd get the PA-2.. Much easier to throw a mini-toggle than it is to pull up on a pot, IMO.. :)

#31 ·
6-string
swamp ash body (rg style would do) unfinished
string through bridge
all on one maple neck with ebony board no inlay (wont bother goin into profile) 25.5 scale
1vol 1 tone pot
h/h pups (probly breeds depending on how they sound in swamp ash)
3 way selector
locking tuners

i think thats about it on a bare minimum custom
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.