ET-Guitars (Experiences) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Question ET-Guitars (Experiences)

Ok, I so I'm snoozin around for some new guitars, and I found this wierd looking swirl thingy on the ET GUITARS button on the top here..

I am thinking about this one:

http://www.etguitars.com/products/br...marble-classic

Now.. I've tried many an eyecandy, that turned out to have terrible tonal qualities.. So I wander if anybody here have some xeperiences with them??

I'm sorry if this matter have been discussed before.. I used the "search" function in the forum, but with millions of hits... oh, come on.. I don't have the stumac for that :S

Thank you for any help and pointers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: ET-Guitars (Experiences)

Go look in the Vendors forum at the bottom of the main forum page. ET Guitars is a vendor here (banner at top of page) and many folks have ordered guitars from Ernie. Didn't you see Maka's Jem that he had made after the contest--and showed it to Vai?!?! That was from ET Guitars. You should also visit the reviews section here.

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Wow.. No wonder I'm the new guy :S

Ok, man.. Thanks, I'll do just that
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 PM

I've had a few things from Ernie and all have been on time and great workmanship .

Al.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Hey zoot.. Any bTO guitars among that stuff??

All I'm wondering about, is how that thing sounds, compared to it's specs, and other guitars, f.ex. the original jem?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Here's the guitar Macka got from ET Guitars:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/mi...wn-115829.html

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 AM

Reviews: 21

Bollocks...2 years and nothing done....NOT recommended. Still pissed off. Disappointed beyond compare.....big thumbs down.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

What??

How did it all go down?
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 AM

After waiting 2 years, i lost hope and gave up.....now im left with au$1500 worth of parts im still figuring out what to do with. I cancelled the order.....enough was enough.... many other guitars were built in this timeframe...yet my job was always put on the back burner. I was the one to always instigate an update.....never had a surprise email of 'this is what we are up to'.

You can suck the fart from my butt Ernie.... Jemsite can ban me or do whatever they want....but i can not and will not endorse or praise ET Guitars.....shameful.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Why do you have the parts??
What was suppose to be the deal?

This is interesting.. These are the troubles I always fear.

Been there done that with other coms, so a little investigation never hurts.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:32 AM

Had all parts.....needed a guitar built...sent specs for custom build.....gave deposit......2yrs later....not built.

Got a piezo lopro7 from Rich....guitar was to be midi capable.......had all the hardware...pickups, ghost acoustiphonic and hexpander system, tuners and all other parts except a guitar!!!

Tired of excuses and build timeline blown out again...and again......and again.

So much of my time and energy where put into the design and function.....it became personal....and now......
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

I'm sorry about that bro..
There has to be _someone_ that can put her together for you.
Keep the parts mate
..and thank you for sharing.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:39 AM

No one is more sorry than i am!

Not ever going to bother with a custom build again......just get a player condition universe and convert it with the parts i have to be midi capable.

Your welcome and best of luck
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 06:59 AM

Norstorm, if you have any specific questions, please feel free to write to us. In fact I think we received an email from you today...you are A.H ?

I should chime in and give my side of the story with UV7BK's cancelled order. I do take the reputation of ET Guitars seriously, and its only fair that I be given a chance to speak also.

It is true that we did not complete the project and agreed to cancel the order. We refunded all money to the customer, and returned their design safely, so we have squared the order off and do not owe the customer anything to my knowledge. We spent many many hours trying to develop/invent a way of doing a very complex inlay, methods that to my knowledge have not been done before. We did the right thing by the customer, and realised that it was best to cancel the order as the complexity was beyond me. Go on Ivan, please show the people your design, let's see why it took me so long and why I found it difficult...

Hindsight is a great thing. If I had have known all the problems that would happen when trying to do the complex inlay design, I would not have accepted the order in the first place, or at least charged a lot lot lot more for the project. I thought I could do the design, but I was WRONG. I knew the design was very important and personal to the guy, so I kept trying and trying and trying... But the customer just kept speaking to me like I was a dog (just like in this thread..), and I lost all motivation to keep working on his "special" project. Just because they are the "customer" does it justify abusing the vendor... what happened to respect and common courtesy. How would you feel if a customer spoke to you like the way you treated me??? Somehow Ivan I don't think you would have taken the abuse as graciously as I did, I reckon you would have told the customer exactly where they can shove their "Alien crop-circle" inlay...

If UV-7-BK wants his custom built, I'm sure he could ask Ibanez or ESP or Jackson to make it for him. But I'd like to see the price and lead time LOL
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 AM

Hang on a minute....NOW your admitting to me that it was too hard? Inventing a method to do inlays? Milling a pattern into wood and then filling said pattern with resin is inventing a new method? Are you joking me? After all the time waiting for SOMETHING all you did was a rough test and now your saying it was to complex? Why the hell didn't you tell me that instead of dragging it out and leaving me hanging? All it took was for you to say that and no you never did....yes i still have all the emails and not once did you say it was to hard...in fact you said you wanted to do the job...as a challenge and to show future customers of your ability of what you could do. Now you owe me nothing? An explanation would've been appropriate...an honest one at that. As far as i was aware, the only problem you had was the size of the milling bit....0.5 was to small so you could go as small as 0.8mm...THATS all i knew of your problem with the build.

So this is therefore impossible huh?
From hand drawn to milling to resin filled fretboard

I would like to know when i spoke to you like a dog......when i wanted an answer why it took so long or why after cancelling i still didnt get an honest answer of why build times were constantly blown out? Respect and courtesy Ernie...really.....if the shoe fits, wear it. NOW your saying you lost motivation too? Thanks for informing me about that!! Would've been nice to know so i didn't have to waste my time or yours for that matter. In that time you built a new store and did countless other projects and i waited ... and waited....till i thought after 2 years all you did was a test piece. Remember talking on the phone doing the inlays? How LONG ago was that? At least 12months!!!!

Justify it all you want.....you dragged your arse and didnt have the balls to say it straight.....THATS why i cancelled the order.

Tags
et guitars , marble classic , swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode