Etruscan Pickguard for TG 2550? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Etruscan Pickguard for Rg2550?

Hey Jemsiters! Anybody ever heard of/own one of these "Etruscan" pickguards? I saw one on an auction site and was thinking of replacing the pickguard on my RG 2550. Is it the same thickness of my current pickguard? Can you get them anyplace other than evilbay? Is it the type of pickguard on a JEM 10th? I googled Etruscan and it only listed the above auction site. I would like to get one custom engraved so any help from you guys would be great! Happy New Year. TUGGEY

Last edited by tuggey; 01-01-2006 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Misspelled Word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 02:03 PM

Re: Etruscan Pickguard for TG 2550?

Etruscan references a style of art that popular amongst the ancient Romans...it's not a company, but a style of etched artwork.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 07:39 PM

Hi, maybe is a matter of taste..but i bought one, i guess from the same guy, the Di"vai"ne model..which have some sort of "Vine engrave"..luckylly, for USA residentes, they are not expensive, but im live in Venezuela, and i payed more for shipping that the actual thing..but, to the ponit, they are "fugly".indeed..they seem to be homemade, and the finished is not so good..and mine was very Thick!! about the double of a regular pickguard..i bought it for a JEM BSB..the pickguard has a Green Color (very vulgar, painted over), so i thought i would look good ..So the point is, that he Picture on the aution site can fool you...i never post it about it before, cos the guy have very good reviews, but i want to know is anybody else got any of this..
Not so long time ago i see somebody put one on a Rg550 Gold and seems happy about it..
still, I used it, to test some EMGs on my BSB, only removing original pickguard, and desoldering the Ground cable on the Tremolo Claw and the ones that go the Jack input...i have some pictures..is anyboy want them, let me know.
cheers

Wow this was a long post..
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 07:59 PM

hey Tuggy, I bought one and liked the way it looks on my rg550. It was a little thicker than normal. The holes didnt line up on mine. I talked to Eric, i think was his name...he said about 10% dont line up for some reason? Very nice guy. They made me one with out holes and he threw in another one in another color,and matching truss covers. Made it totally right with me.. Just email him through evilbay and deal directly with him..Like I said very nice to deal with. If u want a pic of mine let me know....Tim...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:49 PM

Evening folks, I saw these listed on the ahemm.. auction site, was interested, could you two possibly email a couple pics to [email protected] or just post em in a thread (this one if Tuggey doesnt mind)

Cheers
James

Last edited by jamesb_88; 01-08-2006 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:39 PM

here is mine http://www.solisearch.net/ims/album.php?u_id=203132F47D

click on the rg pix
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 08:59 PM

Thumbs up Re: Etruscan Pickguard for TG 2550?

Hi,

I'm one of the guys that makes the Etruscan guards, I had someone telling me that you guys were saying good things about the guards, so, thanks for the props! The first versions of our guards were a bit thick but we do have a handle on that and now a 100% money back guarantee on them all. I'm going to contact the admin of this site on doing some advertising as we do have new designs coming out that are pretty cool. Thanks for all the kind words
and KEEP ROCKIN!

P.S. We do not currently have a guard for that type of guitar now, but that will change!

Kevin
[email protected]
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 11:54 PM

Reviews: 1

I got one from them as well, it is a tad thicker, seems to be cast out of epoxy.
It isn't bad, and adds a different look to your guitar.
If they have the thickness trimmed down, all the better.

Bamm
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeChannel View Post
Etruscan references a style of art that popular amongst the ancient Romans...it's not a company, but a style of etched artwork.
Etruscan is actually a culture that predates the Roman Empire/Republic. Rome was ruled by a series of Etruscan Kings, whom the ethnic romans hated. Hense why they never called their emperor's kings.

EDIT: sorry for bumping, thread came up after an **** search on the people selling this.

Last edited by The Madness Here; 11-21-2007 at 11:33 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 02:02 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madness Here View Post
Etruscan is actually a culture that predates the Roman Empire/Republic. Rome was ruled by a series of Etruscan Kings, whom the ethnic romans hated. Hense why they never called their emperor's kings.

EDIT: sorry for bumping, thread came up after an **** search on the people selling this.
Little is known about them to this date or the original location where they were settled. People have a general idea, but not artifacts were discovered in a wide variety of settlements among the ancient roman grounds, so it is hard to determine. The etruscans were basically a bound of thieves and whores. When the roman empire pieced itself together from the etruscans, it became obvious that they not want to be their preceding legacy, so they made up a mythical story to explain how Rome was found. It was the story of Remus and Romulus and how they were raised by a female wolf. Through interpretation, it was later discovered that the wolf was significant of the etruscans. In latin, the wolf was named "loupe" (the e is pronounced like "eh" - think the fonz LOL), which was also a word used to describe the Etruscan whores.

So there you have it. It's a very interesting topic, and as it stands, many Archeologists and Anthropologists are still looking for clues in hopes that they can one day find the cradle of Rome.

Tags
jem bsb , truss cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode