Euphoria action - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Euphoria action

What kind of action do others have on their Euphoria models? (I have the original).

I find I can hardly play the last few frets and visually it looks like it could comfortably go several mm lower to be more like an electric?

A more minor issue is that although the fret edges are rounded they still feel sharp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Re: Euphoria action

you might need to adjust your truss rod. that is my guess on why your action is so high.

if your fret ends are sticking out your fret board may be too dry. Try some lemon oil, or bore oil. Next time you change the strings clean the fret board really well and then put a liberal coat of oil on the fret board. Let it sit for like an hour, wipe the excess off and then apply another very very light coat and string it up like you normally would.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I will give it some lemon oil and see what happens.

I also found a spare bridge in the case so thinking about sanding a 1mm or so off and trying that as it is the action at the high end that is high - it is painful to the 24th fret E and get it to sound.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 07:24 PM

Reviews: 2

I have the newer Euphoria EP10 model that I just bought back in July. After tweaking the truss rod, I still was not totally satisfied with the action. I simply used a stew mac fret sander stick and carefully sanded the bridge piece under each string individually, a fraction of a mm. at a time, until the action became what I wanted. Note: I did not removed the bridge and sand the bottom, as I hear there are many issues with the pickup not working again. I simply loosed a given string, sanded a bit, strung it back to pitch to check the action and for buzzing......then repeated as necessary. It took a while, but the thing now plays like butter for an acoustic ! Really not brain surgery at all, and simple to do.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

How did you manage to make the bridge level - or do you treat it as if it had separate saddles like on a strat type bridge?

I had assumed sanding the bottom was the only option. What is the risk to the pickup when removing/replacing the bridge?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Reviews: 2

I only sanded in the general area under each string. Sanding the bottom is supposed to be easiest, but I was warned that with a pickup system built in under the bridge saddle, if you sand the bottom of the saddle in any way other than PERFECTLY-like a computer- straight, it could affect the working of the pickup and how it senses the strings. Sanding the top was easy, I just sanded and gently shaped the bridge in an area of several millimeters surrounding where each string would touch it. Just a little sanding seemed to accomplish a lot, so go slow, use a fine grit, and string it up to check as you go.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Well ended up sanding the bridge from the bottom - it actually popped straight out when the strings were removed. The guitar plays much better now so it might finally get some use.

It still looks like the action could go even lower visually though. What kind of measurements to you all have at the 24th and 12 frets?

Tags
acoustic , ep7 , euphoria , ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode