Everything you know about guitars is wrong - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Everything you know about guitars is wrong

There is an interesting article about my favorite handmade guitar maker in this months Esquire magazine...

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/qa/guitar042307
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Re: Everything you know about guitars is wrong

i can't be the only one who thinks those guitars are very ugly?

i wouldn't play one if you gave me $2000 to play it.
post #3 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:50 AM

i feel like chopping a tree in my backyard... i wonder y

he can't be the best guitar maker in the world... making others sound like trash...
that kinda attitude makes me think his guitars are just as good as firewood u get at Ikea
post #4 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Kii

Before I even opened the link I figured this was going to be about Zachary Guitars. First of all, his guitars look like total garbage, second, the guy has an ego the size of Ben Affleck's head.
post #5 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kii View Post
Before I even opened the link I figured this was going to be about Zachary Guitars. First of all, his guitars look like total garbage, second, the guy has an ego the size of Ben Affleck's head.
LOL ! nice 1...
post #6 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Considering how all the Gibson and Fender guys guffaw every time they see somebody playing an Ibanez, you would think people here would be less offended by Zachary.

I own two Zachary guitars, and while Ibanez are my favorite production guitars, the Zach's are in a league of thier own. This guy can back up what he says, but he won't make me one in RFR or Desert Yellow.
post #7 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:18 AM

to me.. it sounds... weird... IMO tho... i saw his videos does all his guitars sound like that? coz if the tree in my backyard is pine... i m definately not chopping it down
post #8 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Considering how all the Gibson and Fender guys guffaw every time they see somebody playing an Ibanez, you would think people here would be less offended by Zachary.

I own two Zachary guitars, and while Ibanez are my favorite production guitars, the Zach's are in a league of thier own. This guy can back up what he says, but he won't make me one in RFR or Desert Yellow.
dude are YOU Zachary? you seem to plug him a fair bit.
post #9 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 AM

I don't get it, he's complaining about fender and PRS being frauds and then boasts that he sold his $10 Ikea guitar for $1500. And anyone that says hand crafted is better than CNC is a tool.
post #10 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Zachary must be Ed Roman's alter ego. They're both arrogant jackoffs, as far as I'm concerned. To: 1 - Build a cheap-ass guitar out of crappy-ass furniture, and then mark-up the **** out of it., and then 2 - To talk about how all the other guitars out there, suck, is just all bull**** posturing. Guess what, Zachary? I'll keep my suck-y guitars (happily, I might add), and you can keep your table-with-strings! Moron.
post #11 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:46 AM

Overpriced boat oar with strings. Of course, I'm sure everything I know about boat oars is wrong too
post #12 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Actual quality of his guitars and my agreement with SOME of his building principles nonwithstanding, I can't help but see his level of smugness as equally irritating as the elitism and "fraud" he percieves in the big guitar manufacturers.
post #13 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Never played one of his guitars, and after reading a few of those passages, I don't think I'll be considering him anytime soon. What an arrogant prick!

I'm sorry, but after the "your strings are wrong" thread and now this, isn't it a little much?

Maybe I'm way too skeptical, but it seems to me that unmatched wood wouldn't resonate any better (worse probably) than a lacquered over piece. It seems like he's just doing this as his own little way of sticking it to the man and making a quick buck through his holier-than-thou mentality, which some people are willing to buy into. This isn't the be-all, end-all of guitars.
post #14 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Reviews: 18

That Csiki guy is a loser, IMO. Unfortunately, everyone's out there to make some money and, if he's getting 1500 bucks for an ikea table-turned guitar, more power to him. Will he ever get my money? That's a big hell-no

Jimmy
post #15 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:25 PM

Look everybody Ed Roman made a new friend!
Closed Thread

Tags
acoustic guitar , devin townsend , distortion pedal , dna swirl , electric guitar , flamed maple , gibson les paul , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , headstock design , ibanez guitars , les paul , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , playing guitar , prs guitar , prs guitars , quilted maple , reed smith , string gauges , string tree , string trees , tube amp , tube amps , zachary guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode