Evh - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Evh

Who do you guys think Eddie Van Halen is gonna sign a gear deal with?I keep hearing Fender and it's suppose to happen this spring.I think it would awesome if Eddie got with Ibanez!Imagine a black,red and white striped Ibanez!!!!!That would be insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 09:16 AM

Re: Evh

He just signed with Charvel, didn't he (division of Fender) around the end of the last musical disaster?

Are you saying that you've heard he's moving to yet another brand this spring? To do what?
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 09:58 AM

It doesn't really matter - it doesn't look like he's ever going to record or tour ever again.

Buthe's going to make loads of cash through Charvel
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 10:32 AM

I heard (from the internet somewhere, forgot where) that there is going to be a Fender version of the wolfgang. Not sure if this is true or not?

jeff
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Gex

As much as I love Ibanez, I cant see him ever going to Ibanez for a guitar.

BUT, Im sure people would have said the same thing about Peavey before the Wolfgang came along.

I dont think he's lookin for a deal, I think he's playing his signature Charvels, which is owned by FMIC (Fender Musical Instrument Company, I think its called)

They're like $3000 each, for a hacked togeather parts guitar, with the Charvel name on it. I dont understand why people shell out the dough for this stuff.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg5150
It doesn't really matter - it doesn't look like he's ever going to record or tour ever again.

Buthe's going to make loads of cash through Charvel
Why do you think he's never going to tour/record again ?

Did I miss something ?
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:35 PM

on the wolfgang forums, theres a notice about rumours of a charvel wolfgang, but havent heard anything about fender
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex

They're like $3000 each, for a hacked togeather parts guitar, with the Charvel name on it. I dont understand why people shell out the dough for this stuff.
Because they are made just like the ones that belong to the guy who used to be Eddie Van Halen.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceland

Did I miss something ?

Eddie is to messed up to tour again he's gotta get clean!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:58 PM

If that's true then it's sad.
Maybe he and Zakk can hook up and get clean together.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclogston
I heard (from the internet somewhere, forgot where) that there is going to be a Fender version of the wolfgang. Not sure if this is true or not?

jeff
Why do they want to do that. Peavey is already doing a modified version of the original Wolfgang.

Regards

André

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Why do they want to do that. Peavey is already doing a modified version of the original Wolfgang.

Regards

André
It's pretty close to true, an acquintance apparently submitted close to 50 variations of the headstock design since they couldn't use the peavey shaped one. other than that they're pretty tightlipped about it. From what I'd heard last summer they were supposed to be ready come winter NAMM, but since that's passed already it doesn't appear that what ever it is, it's ready. I'll bet maybe summer NAMM but I'll also wager that by then Eddie will have no teeth
nor a band to back it up.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi

Regards

André

Peavey's modified Wolfgang doesn't say Eddie Van Halen on it, just like Ernie Balls (hehe I said balls), modfieid Wolfgang didn't say Eddie VAn Halen after he went to peavey, and they don't sell as well.

I could probably take a dump and if Eddie endorsed it someone would pay me very well for it.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceland

Did I miss something ?
Last I heard DLR and Sammy weren't talking too him. and F.U.C.K was the last good studio stuff they did
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
Because they are made just like the ones that belong to the guy who used to be Eddie Van Halen.
i don't care who you are - that's funny! LOL!

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa

Tags
andy timmons , eddie van halen , eric johnson , ernie ball , ernie balls , guitar players , guitar playing , headstock design , signature guitar , stanley jordan , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode