EVH Signature series.... - ... I'm confused - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

EVH Signature series.... - ... I'm confused

I must be totally lost about it .. but when did EVH move to Peavey? I always thought that he used Musicman.

I feel totally confused and dumb now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 05:05 AM

EVH Signature series....

Eddie moved to Peavey a few years ago. I have a Peavey Wolfgang. It is actually a very nice guitar. The pickups sound good and the maple tops are much better than most of the embarassing tops put on comparably priced Ibanez and EB guitars.

Did I just admit that?

Rick
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 06:10 AM

EVH Signature series....

Rumour has it that Ed didn't like the price tags on the EB's so he left for Peavey, kind of like Vai's "out of the box" idea. *

All of the promor stuff on the guitar says something to the effect that Ed figured if they're building an amp for me, why not a guitar?

I've tried out WG's over the passed two years, but never bought one until just about *month ago. *I am very impressed with the guitar and the price tag is nice too!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 10:28 AM

EVH Signature series....

Before I bought my Wolfie I could care less about Eddie Van Halen. I didn't even know there was a Wolfgang until one day after my lesson I was upstairs checking out guitars and the guy I knew said here you've got to try one of these. As soon as I put my hand around that neck I was in love and the Drop D-tuna is awesome! All I could think was I may not like Eddie much but he designed one hell of a guitar!!!!!!!!!! I'm a very proud owner of a Vintage Gold Wolfie Special and if I can have my way one of the new Wolfgang Customs!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 10:32 AM

Reviews: 5
EVH Signature series....

the nice thing is, schematically they're very similar, both have that small non laquered neck and H-H configuration. *But EVH said often he had a few problems with EB/MM that they never did fix.
A. *availability, not enough distribution
B. *high price tag
C. *flexability

so he went to Peavey who may be so starving for a good endorsement that they have gone and done anything he's asked for. *They've made non-trem versions, single coil versions, arch-top versions, p-90 versions, and they even helped with the development of the D-Tuna. *So Peavey's done a lot to aid Edward on top of the fact that they made his 5150 name into a successful highly regarded Amp.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 10:38 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
EVH Signature series....

not to defend EB/MM but i really hate it when an artist with a long history of LYING comes public with such gripes. Just say you got a better deal and left. PERIOD.

Other than "lower cost" there is no rationalization to downgrade to Peavey. None of any of these guitars have broken sales records anyways.... glen
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 11:11 AM

EVH Signature series....

I liked the looks of the EB, but always thought the Wolfgang was a BT series dressed up. I've played both and had to rinse with scope to get the bad taste out of my mouth oison:.

I'll pass on both models. There isn't a sound in either guitar I can't get out of one of my RGs.

J>
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 12:40 PM

EVH Signature series....

I got the impression and heard that Eddie was not too happy when he met fans and they said their EBMM Eddie had been on order for 9 months and they still hadn't recieved it.
So he moved to Peavey because they could keep up with the production needs.
That was my impression.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 12:54 PM

EVH Signature series....

There is one thing I've been wondering the last few days, is his guitar named after his son or is it the other way around?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 12:57 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
EVH Signature series....

First came the composer...
then came his son....
then came the peavey guitar... glen
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 01:19 PM

EVH Signature series....

Thanks, thats been bugging me all week, I knew about the composer it's just that I was not sure if it was his son that came first or the guitar.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 03:24 AM

EVH Signature series....

First came the composer. The the decomposer. Then the poser.

BTW, EVH was also supposedly annoyed that EB couldn't make a carved top. Peavey did.

Rick
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 04:53 AM

EVH Signature series....

Well I may not be a huge fan of Eddie but I'm going to keep my comments to myself simply because it's easy to say this and say that but trade places with him and I'm *sure everyone's outlook would change.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 06:11 AM

EVH Signature series....

I agree with Jim, you can get the same sound out of an RG. *But only if you want to lay out a couple dollars to switch out the pickups.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 05:13 AM

EVH Signature series....

hmmmmmmm *easy on eddie guys. *i love vai ,but eddie is the man. btw i have a wolf and i love it ,i have an rg and i love that too.

Tags
custom shop , eddie van halen , peavey wolfgang , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode