EVH Wolfgang - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

EVH Wolfgang

Hi everyone....I recently began searching for a new guitar and decided to try the EVH Wolfgang special. Wow! The minute I picked it up and played her, I was in complete love lol. I decided to go with the black cherry burst. Out of all the guitars I have owned, including USA Jacksons, strats, Jems, Gibson Les Pauls, Carvin, etc, this guitar just blew me away with the feel and sound.

Anyone else have an opinion on these? I just cant stop playing it,hard to go to sleep now being all I want to do is play it lol

Now I'm in the market for nice tube combo...guess the search for gear neer ends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM

Re: EVH Wolfgang

congrats..enjoy it.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeperxi View Post
Hi everyone....I recently began searching for a new guitar and decided to try the EVH Wolfgang special. Wow! The minute I picked it up and played her, I was in complete love lol. I decided to go with the black cherry burst. Out of all the guitars I have owned, including USA Jacksons, strats, Jems, Gibson Les Pauls, Carvin, etc, this guitar just blew me away with the feel and sound.

Anyone else have an opinion on these? I just cant stop playing it,hard to go to sleep now being all I want to do is play it lol

Now I'm in the market for nice tube combo...guess the search for gear neer ends
tube combo eh? may I suggest a 5150 : ]
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Yep I most likely will go with the EVH 5153
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 PM

I bought one of the Japanese Stealth HT specials a few months ago. Really, really fantastic guitar. Sounds and plays great.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 PM

I'm on the fence between this or a fender jim root tele...i want something different than my ibanezes...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 AM

Grab the wolfgang. It's a very comfortable guitar. You won't be sorry!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 10:20 PM

I just got a peavey wolfie usa special deluxe today off CL and so far I am enjoying it. I wasn't sure I would like the thicker neck cuz I usually don't but there is something about it that I am diggin.
Sadly this one had the bridge pickup changed out to a dimebucker, not that its bad really, but I actually want the stock pickup. No problems though, I called peavey and they sold me an NOS and its on the way.

Enjoy yours I know I will be playin on mine for a while
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM

It is a good guitar.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 01:35 AM

I have an EVH Japanese Special, a USA Peavey Gold Top and a Korean Peavey. The USA one sound the best. The Japanese EVH has a thin neck but the USA neck just feels a little better. Great guitars. Not sure about the Chinese versions though. Too much for a Chinese 'knock off'.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 02:54 PM

I have many nice Ibanez's and wanted something different to have, so I picked up a nice 5A maple flame top EVH WFG USA. It’s an amazing sounding guitar and very comfortable to play, great build too. The neck has a unique fender feel and is unfinished, which is nice and very different from my Ibanez’s. I find myself playing the EVH more than the others just because it’s so much fun to play. I can only recommend a USA model from my experience.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 08:19 AM

Reviews: 19

Check out the Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 36.

Tags
evh , wolfgang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode