Family Portrait - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Family Portrait

Since my 1550 and possibly 2550 are going out the door soon, I wanted to take one pic of all my guitars together for one last family portrait All 8 of em, way too many cool guitars

From left to right:

RG560PN, RG685, RG2550MZ, RG1550MZ, Carvin JB200, RGR580, RG5000, RC1720

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 12:33 PM

Re: Family Portrait

Yeah if i were to get rid of two of them the 1550 and 2550 would be my choices, now if i had to keep only two i think id go crazy, you got such cool looking guitars man.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

If I was going to keep 2 Ibanezes (Carvin is going to the grave with me), the RGR580 and RG5000 are it. I'd hate to sell the 685 and 560 though, so hard to find
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
If I was going to keep 2 Ibanezes (Carvin is going to the grave with me), the RGR580 and RG5000 are it. I'd hate to sell the 685 and 560 though, so hard to find
Yeah those would be a sensible choice for me if i didn't count the Carvin (Your JB is stunning man), but what about the RC? it would pain me not to have an option to get a more traditional sound/fatter neck, anyway its a good thing we're just being hypothetical lol
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafafas View Post
Yeah those would be a sensible choice for me if i didn't count the Carvin (Your JB is stunning man), but what about the RC? it would pain me not to have an option to get a more traditional sound/fatter neck, anyway its a good thing we're just being hypothetical lol
The RC isn't rare, just came out back in December over here, and Hoshino Japan is really pushing it so I don't see the RC disappearing anytime soon. They have like 4 or 5 endorsers now using the P90 RCs (one has a custom RC that is 3 single coils iirc). So yeah, I'd dump the RC only because it doesn't do anything that the JB can't do and I can still find em almost anywhere. Although, the RCs pickups are INSANE. Super 58 in the neck is so smooth, core tone in the bridge has punch yet doesn't get overly harsh.

Yeah I think I'm stuck at 6 guitars because after the prestige RGs, there isn't a guitar I can bear to get rid of
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
The RC isn't rare, just came out back in December over here, and Hoshino Japan is really pushing it so I don't see the RC disappearing anytime soon. They have like 4 or 5 endorsers now using the P90 RCs (one has a custom RC that is 3 single coils iirc). So yeah, I'd dump the RC only because it doesn't do anything that the JB can't do and I can still find em almost anywhere. Although, the RCs pickups are INSANE. Super 58 in the neck is so smooth, core tone in the bridge has punch yet doesn't get overly harsh.

Yeah I think I'm stuck at 6 guitars because after the prestige RGs, there isn't a guitar I can bear to get rid of
Yeah getting rid of two is a good idea, specially since it leaves room for more GAS lol
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafafas View Post
Yeah getting rid of two is a good idea, specially since it leaves room for more GAS lol
Well all I want now is one more Carvin. The only Ibanez I really want to have is a 540R. We'll see though.

I am so happy I have the ones I do though, they all have their uses and tones (After I sell the 2 prestiges, the only one with pickups swapped out will be my 560). I think I demoed the sounds of the RC before, did you ever listen to it?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 08:56 PM

First thought that popped in my head... The poor Carvin, surrounded by ibanez's shoved in back in the corner; it's like the black sheep of the family. LOL!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasahatter View Post
First thought that popped in my head... The poor Carvin, surrounded by ibanez's shoved in back in the corner; it's like the black sheep of the family. LOL!
You got it all wrong, the carvin is king overseeing it's servants
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 09:34 PM

That's an amazing collection of all high end gear. Every collection of high end stuff I know has at least one cheaper guitar but all of yours are top drawer.

I would keep them all if possible. Carvin is a keeper since it's probably most different and RC seems so cool because of that, too.

What's specs are ones you decided on with I
Carvin? Is it w/new Duncans only or does it also have vintage Becker Carvin 12 pole humbuckers, too? I have thought about finding some older 12 pole Carvins and one successful band here has guy who swears only by them when he put them into Les Paul.

I don't currently have any high end ones but if I had to choose an RC like that or Genesis RG could be my everything main guitar. For years high end one was always a strat or tele with anything else, even if more expensive, playing a back up role. Somewhere along the line I wanted more output and midrange than what only Fender single coils would provide.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 08-12-2015 at 09:48 PM.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 09:40 PM

Reviews: 6

nice pic...shame you're letting a couple go...i think you should keep them all lol...d.m.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablomozart View Post
nice pic...shame you're letting a couple go...i think you should keep them all lol...d.m.
I would like to keep em all, but I have some bills that need to get paid off and the RG5000 just destroyed my opinion of the 1550. The RG5000 is like the greatest Ibanez I ever touched. Neck is smooth like butter, it sounds incredible, the color is overly flashy, everything I've wanted in an Ibanez
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
That's an amazing collection of all high end gear. Every collection of high end stuff I know has at least one cheaper guitar but all of yours are top drawer.

I would keep them all if possible. Carvin is a keeper since it's probably most different and RC seems so cool because of that, too.

What's specs are ones you decided on with Carvin?

I don't currently have any high end ones but if I had to choose an RC like that or Genesis RG could be my everything main guitar. For years high end one was always a strat or tele with anything else, even if more expensive, playing a back up role. Somewhere along the line I wanted more output and midrange than what only Fender single coils would provide.
Carvin will never get let go. That's my number one. The feel and tonal variety are killer.

I thought I had mentioned it in my NGD thread last year, but here are the specs:

Alder body/maple neck
5 piece maple/mahogany neck
Flame maple top
Deep purple flame
Blackburst edges
Stainless jumbo frets
flame maple fingerboard
Carvin M22SD bridge pickup
M22V neck pickup
abalone dot inlays

And all the bells and whistles that come with a Jason Becker model

I'm sure you'd LOVE the RC. Personally I like the 1720 because I don't like the Super 8 soapbar pup sounds. Too thin and weak for me The Core tone and Super 58 are KILLER.

I sold my cheapo RG350EXZ some time ago, but I don't regret it when I have all these really nice Ibanezes to fill it's place
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 08:14 AM

Great family !!!! Congrats !!!
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Carvin will never get let go. That's my number one. The feel and tonal variety are killer.

I thought I had mentioned it in my NGD thread last year, but here are the specs:

Alder body/maple neck
5 piece maple/mahogany neck
Flame maple top
Deep purple flame
Blackburst edges
Stainless jumbo frets
flame maple fingerboard
Carvin M22SD bridge pickup
M22V neck pickup
abalone dot inlays

And all the bells and whistles that come with a Jason Becker model

I'm sure you'd LOVE the RC. Personally I like the 1720 because I don't like the Super 8 soapbar pup sounds. Too thin and weak for me The Core tone and Super 58 are KILLER.

I sold my cheapo RG350EXZ some time ago, but I don't regret it when I have all these really nice Ibanezes to fill it's place
I want one.

It looks a lot like most of those great Carvin superstrats of the 1980s and is it regular bolt-on neck like strat, or is it AANJ type high access bolt-on joint? I don't know if Ibanez was first to have AANJ or if it was Jackson, Charvel, Washburn, Yamaha, BC Rich, or Carvin. Now everybody has a version of AANJ but I am still very OK with regular Leo Fender bolt on design.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode