Famous Artists using Neck-Thrus? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Famous Artists using Neck-Thrus?

Who are some famous (or not!) known for using Neck-Thru guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 AM

Re: Famous Artists using Neck-Thrus?

Muhhamed Suicmez.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 05:12 PM
dex

Kirk Hammett, all his KH2 are neck-thru.
The ones in the shops are mostly bolt ons because the neck-thru option on KH2 is $600 extra...
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 05:29 PM

The Italian Cesareo uses custom Ibanez neckthru
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 07:53 PM

The greatest

Marty Friedman
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander In The Sun View Post
The greatest

Marty Friedman
Says the guy whose SN is a vai song .
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lemons View Post
Says the guy whose SN is a vai song .
:P

The greatest shredder, I mean.

Vai is all around my favorite, though. He's a more well rounded player than Marty.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 AM

Jeff Hanneman (Slayer)
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Daniel Gildenlow (Pain of Salvation)
Adrian Belew
Stephen Carpenter (Deftones) and most of the ESP artists with signature models (Will Adler, Alexi Laiho, Max Cavalera etc)
Santiago Dobles (Aghora)
and many more...

I think the Meshuggah Ibanez 8-string is neck-through (not 100% sure though)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander In The Sun View Post
:P

The greatest shredder, I mean.

Vai is all around my favorite, though. He's a more well rounded player than Marty.
I totally disagree with that statement.. Marty has way more catchy songs that EVERYONE can love, pop, classical, metal, rock, anyone can love any Marty cd.. where as Vai is a shredder and he rarely has any songs that aren't shred.. Most people wont listen to Vai (talking mainstream, not "guitarstream") Go tell someone whos not from the 80s to listen to a full Vai cd, they wont like it.. but people can all love a Marty CD cause his cds all have diff genres to satisfy everyone and they are just so flowing and easy listening, my non musician friends listened to alot of Marty and loved it.. cant say that for Vai

Not dissing Vai, technically hes better, sure, but Marty is a better all-around melodic and better-to-listen to player. I been listening to LoudSpeaker everyday since June 28th last year, and im still not even bored. Cant say I can listen that way for a Vai cd.

Basically anyone whos in metal or rock has Neckthru guitars.. just go look at any metal band and almost all their guitars are neckthru.. Dave Mustaine, Marty, Hammet, Hetfield, Alexi Laiho, Jeff Loomis, you can go on and on forever
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 08:58 PM

Ihsahn from Emperor plays an RGT320Q.

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCormier View Post
I totally disagree with that statement.. Marty has way more catchy songs that EVERYONE can love, pop, classical, metal, rock, anyone can love any Marty cd.. where as Vai is a shredder and he rarely has any songs that aren't shred.. Most people wont listen to Vai (talking mainstream, not "guitarstream") Go tell someone whos not from the 80s to listen to a full Vai cd, they wont like it.. but people can all love a Marty CD cause his cds all have diff genres to satisfy everyone and they are just so flowing and easy listening, my non musician friends listened to alot of Marty and loved it.. cant say that for Vai

Not dissing Vai, technically hes better, sure, but Marty is a better all-around melodic and better-to-listen to player. I been listening to LoudSpeaker everyday since June 28th last year, and im still not even bored. Cant say I can listen that way for a Vai cd.

Basically anyone whos in metal or rock has Neckthru guitars.. just go look at any metal band and almost all their guitars are neckthru.. Dave Mustaine, Marty, Hammet, Hetfield, Alexi Laiho, Jeff Loomis, you can go on and on forever
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU NICK, but I DOUBT that Steve can play something from Dragon's kiss or cacophony

Last edited by D.Vial; 06-01-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: to improve my argument
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Vial View Post
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU NICK, but I DOUBT that Steve can play something from Dragon's kiss or cacophony
Steve Vai can play anything. Not being a fanboy or anything, but his technique is pretty much perfected in every way I can think of.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 PM

back to the topic
there are lot of players that uses necktru, but seems there are more neckthru players on ESP then ibanez.

about the non-famous people using neckthru, i'll include myself..lol
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCormier View Post

Not meaning to steal the thread, the guy above is right about Vai being able to play well in every aspect. He can play pop, or catchy tunes if he wanted to but he is different from everyone else, seperating him from the pack. I wouldn't even go as far to say his music is shred, even though his style is very similar. His playing style is his own which makes him great. Maybe a regular person won't like Vai's excessive, indulgent, guitar playing. But put him up against Marty or whatever and he'll blow him away.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:37 PM

Shawn Lane played a neck thru Charvel 750XL for some time before his Ibanez and Vigier days.

Tags
adrian belew , alex lifeson , alexi laiho , allan holdsworth , chuck schuldiner , custom ibanez , dave mustaine , fret access , guitar playing , ibanez neck , jackson soloist , jeff loomis , kerry king , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , marty friedman , neck thru , randy rhoads , scott ian , shawn lane , stephen carpenter , steve vai , upper fret , upper fret access

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode