Fatty-My 7 string baritone hollowbody - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 03:49 AM

Wow! That guitar is just plain gorgeous! It made me feel happy just looking at it! Congrats!
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 04:21 AM

Very nice!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 03:37 PM

That is very awesome, nice instrument!

As far as strings go, I've found that the .011-.065 flatwound set works pretty well if you're tuning to B.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

A lot of people have asked me about cost. I paid approx the same for Fatty as I would pay for a new PRS hollowbody with all the goodies from the local "chain store". The main difference being, I can't even come colose to getting a Fatty replacement from PRS. Everything about Fatty is custom.

I would estimate between $4-5K depending on exactly which options you choose. (I got just about all of them )

The best thing to do is contact Scott Heatley directly for a price quote. I can't say enough good things about Heatley guitars and what a pleasure it was/is to work directly with Scott. I feel like you get a "private stock" quality instrument, at production guitar prices.

once again, thanks Scott!!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2003, 04:09 AM

Re: Fatty-My 7 string baritone hollowbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDVSBL

My primary purpose for ordering a custom, handbuilt guitar is because of the neck. I like the wide neck and string spacing on my classical, but there are not many production 7 string necks this wide and flat.

What do you guys think? I know, its not exactly a mainstream guitar, but I think it came out looking pretty sweet.
That's a really nice guitar. I've been really wishing for a guitar with a wider neck that has string spacing closer to a classical. Maybe somewhere in between a classical and a typical seven string. You'll be doing some serious playing on that one.

Tags
beautiful guitar , custom guitar , ebony fingerboard , fixed bridge , flame maple , flame maple binding , flame maple neck , mahogony body , maple binding , maple neck , neck position , piezo bridge , quilted maple , scale lengths , string guitars , string necks , string pickup , string pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode