Favorite non-ibanez signature ax - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite
haha, that looks like a beast ankhnaten, how much did you fork out for that?
I pulled it from ebay for 3800.00. It's my third one. I have a black one that's identical to Dave Mustaine's first one. That was 5200.00 and it has served me well over the years. I've retired it. This one that I just got is black pearl...essentially sparkly dark grey...lol and it's gonna be my main guitar now for shows. (At least for a doubleneck)

The third one is my favorite. It's Korina with a burled maple cap and a neck position humbucker in the 12-string. The other two never had one, and I finally decided with that one to do it right....lol The korina/maple one was 6300.00 bucks. They actually gave me a discount on it since I kinda buy alot of Custom Shop stuff in the past...nice of them....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 07:29 AM

I'll have to say my custom handmade Steve Vai Jem77VCM (vine/chrome/mahogany). It wasn't made by Ibanez !!
Wolfgang standard trem - Peavey (own 2)
Washburn N4 (not yet owned)
post #48 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:31 AM

I would go for a Fender Strat Clapton...Hope one day I'll buy one.
post #49 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:20 AM

I've kinda taken a shine recently to the new ESP/LTD Stephen Carpenter 7-string baritone.

Yummy. (Too bad about the pointy headstock, though... i prefer the softer 4+3 design.)
post #50 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:56 AM

I have no choice but to go with what has turned out to be the sweetest guitar I've played in the last 10 years: the Rick Turner Model 1-C-LB "Lindsey Buckingham" model. Flawless build quality, sustain that will not stop, tone for days, the finest piezo I've heard- period, and a SWEET AAAAA flamed maple cap.

Crappy pic: http://members.aol.com/vaijem777/Turner.jpg
post #51 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 12:00 PM

Looks great. Considering the features you state, do you know if this was ever traded to Europe. Looks like there's a pickups in the whole. I am right ?
post #52 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 12:07 PM

There IS no hole The custom-wound pickup is mounted on a turntable-it can be adjusted for different tonal options.

There have been just over 300 of the Model 1 guitars made since 1979- all on a custom-order only basis. I'm sure that a few have been sent overseas. There is a Rick Turner distributor called S.M.A.R.T. Distribution that handles the line in Europe, although the Model 1s are not on their site (since they're a custom-order model). Retail, with the options that mine has, is just under $5200US.

http://www.renaissanceguitars.com/rick.html

http://www.smart-distribution.co.uk/p28.html
post #53 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 05:27 PM

Without a doubt hands down... The EBMM JPM ... Amazing guitar. But the price is absolutely rediculous... Then again so was my LNG ... ha ha ha But i dunno ... played it side by side with my 89 777vbk and the VBK still came out on top for tone, and sustain ... i guess you just cant beat that old Edge and Paf pros ...
post #54 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 11:05 AM

Well maybe if I were living in a perfect world Iīd own the following non-ibanez signatures:

YJM Fender Stratocaster
RB Fender Stratocaster
Zakk Wylde Gibson Les Paul
Any previous Vai signature (Charvel or Performance)
Albert Lee MM
Uli Jon Roth Sky Guitar

Thatīd be a nice dream...
post #55 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersPGM
Any previous Vai signature
If only such a thing existed
post #56 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 05:29 PM

Meshuggah Nevborn 7 and 8 strings.
post #57 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 09:47 PM

Yngwie Malmsteen strat (amazing upper register tone especially)
EBMM EVH (better than Wolfgang to me)
EBMM JP 7-string
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
post #58 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 08:59 AM

and Iīd love to have the (Jackson) Jason Becker Signature!
Canīt believe they donīt proceed with that one!
if you havenīt seen it check it out @ www.jasonbecker.com
post #59 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 06:04 PM

I havent played many signature models except these

RR Jackson....I liked the sound..and the looks

Scott Ian Jackson...Wasnt feeling the sound on this one and the finish
wasnt my style.

Tom Delonge Strat...Played a bunch of these and funny thing I notice
strats is some sound like crap but then you play
another one that is the same model and it sounds
great. Any how most these I played sounded good
for punk music but thats about it. The strat styling to
me is like eating toast without butter. Also for a lil
more $ i could get a fat strat instead of this guitar
which only has a vol knob and a invader pickup

Papa Roach (schecter guitar?)..This guitar was only $600 and it sounded
real good overall for me.

I think if i could get any signature model guitar it would have to be the K7 korn Ibanez..I kno you said non Ibanez guitars but right now Im wanting a 7 string.
post #60 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
I forgot one from the 80's:

Kramer Nightswan (Vivian Campbell for the young ones)
oh yeah!!! those rule.......Anybody giving away an aztec nightswan

Any way I don't really like many sig models apart from the Kramer Nightswan and Jems and the Vinnie Moore Ibanez. Bu at the moment I really want to save up and get a Steinberger (non-music-yo) or a Vigier excaliber!!!!!

Tags
ace frehley , angus young , blues saraceno , clean tone , custom shop , dave mustaine , david gilmour , distorted tone , distorted tones , ebmm evh , ebmm jpm , eric clapton , ernie ball , fat strat , fender strat , fender stratocaster , flamed maple , gibson les paul , ibanez guitars , iron maiden , iron maiden strat , jackson kelly , jason becker , jeff beck , jeff beck strat , joe perry , koa body , les paul , malmsteen strat , maple neck , mike mushok , neck position , paf pro , paf pros , peavey wolfgang , phil collen , pointy headstock , rosewood neck , scott ian , signature guitar , srv strat , stephen carpenter , steve morse , steve vai , swamp ash , tommy emmanuel , uli jon roth , vigier excaliber , vinnie moore , yjm strat , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde , zakk wylde les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode