Fender California Series fair price??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Fender California Series fair price???

I don't know very much about Strat's and I'm looking for one. I've found a Fender California series for about $480 with case. The price sound good to me, but I need some advice..

What's a fair price for one of this guitars?
And more importantly are they good?

Here are some pics:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Re: Fender California Series fair price???

The price is midrange for this guitar, a good deal with the case if the guitar is in really good condition. Fenders aren't usually ridiculously overpriced like Gibsons, so in a worst case you should be able to sell it for that amount if you decide it isn't right for you. Do you have the opportunity to check it out?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

No.. unfortunately I can't check it out for myself, and that's one of my concerns because a guitar like this must be like 11 years old.. The only thing because I'm considering this is because looks like a good price for a Made In USA Strat.. so I don't really know what to do
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 07:33 PM

It's under $500 for an American Strat, what is there to question?

If you'd rather spend the same amount on a MIM Fender or a Korean G&L you can.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rub_800 View Post
No.. unfortunately I can't check it out for myself, and that's one of my concerns because a guitar like this must be like 11 years old.. The only thing because I'm considering this is because looks like a good price for a Made In USA Strat.. so I don't really know what to do
If you are buying it through a site and putting it on a card go for it. If the item is misrepresented then you can challenge it and it will be charged back to the seller. There really isn't much risk involved unless it is a "pay me now and when your check clears I'll send it" type deal. Those I avoid like the plague.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
It's under $500 for an American Strat, what is there to question?

If you'd rather spend the same amount on a MIM Fender or a Korean G&L you can.
Ok ok.. I just wanted to ask because I don't know anything about Strats so I was looking for a more educated opinion, and also because I've never bougth a used guitar of any kind.

I think I could return it in case it's not in the condition I want (you never know), but I don't want to get in that trouble if you think is not worth it

I wanna read more opinions.

* Sorry if my english is not good. I'm not a native english speaker
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:49 PM

This is the wrong place to come for opinions on Fenders, but for the price you can;t go wrong assuming there are no issues with it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:00 AM

Nice guitar. Seems to be a good price. I'd buy it for that money.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 AM

I wouldn't worry about a Fender being 11 years old - they're pretty bulletproof as a rule.

I'm not very familiar with the California series, but that looks like a MIM neck there. I don't think this was a USA Fender.

You can't go wrong if you have a return clause.

Tags
fender california strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode