Fender/Jackson merger? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 04:33 PM

I agree it would start a bloody holy war if Ibanez acquired jackson. I couldnt stop laughing. Maybe then they could start using real trems then . lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 04:07 PM

... maybe it's true after all?

I ran across this somewhere... Not passing it on as fact, just more info, good, bad or ugly...

"Reputable LA source tells me via email that Fender bought Jackson. It's now official. Tim Wilson is confident the Custom Shop will get better, too early to see, but Fender is the new owner, everyone seems excited about it and Fender promised to leave the custom shop alone, Tim said. No word on Mike Shannon's involment in future Jackson production yet. And Donny Wade is still in the mix, he will be moving to AZ. Anyone else heard this one?!"
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 06:43 PM

opens mouth inserts foot along with whatever dung laying around

If its true... My jackson freind didnt know.

Now to get mu sackcloth and start rubbing ash/dirt on my head for mourning.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 10:56 PM

It wouldn't be a huge stretch really, look at the Squire "Showmaster" line. (I say "Showmaster" in quotes, cuz it was originally the Stagemaster line, and they had a better variety IMHO. Tho there's still a few that are nice)
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
It wouldn't be a huge stretch really, look at the Squire "Showmaster" line. (I say "Showmaster" in quotes, cuz it was originally the Stagemaster line, and they had a better variety IMHO. Tho there's still a few that are nice)
The Fender Showmaster line is even nicer... very similar in spirit to an original Charvel San Dimas.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 05:39 PM

UPDATE!

I found this out about 5 hours ago.
The take over happend over the weekend.
Apparantly, My sources knew but werent able to tell me.
Makes sense.
I should have thought about that before i opend my hole

Anyways, the sad thing is that alot of ppl, esp ppl i know at Jackson are out of their jobs at the end of the week!
Some really good ppl too.

Well, I cant say Im happy about it but as a business owner i understand why.....
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

It's not pretty, but...unfortunately these guitar companies aren't any different the companies in any other multi-billion dollar industry: buyouts are a fact of life.

It DOES suck that people have to lose their jobs. All that can be hoped for is that both companies benefit positively from the merger and that better quality, innovative products are the result.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 06:33 PM

Mergers are typically kept secret under the threat of death. Weird stuff huh. And with almost all mergers jobs are lost. Now that its in the open whats the official word on the custom shop????
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Last I heard, the Custom Shop wasn't going to be touched. Fender wanted to at least leave that alone, although I'm sure there will be some cross-pollenation down the road somewhere.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 12:29 AM

Has there been an official media release yet?
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 12:45 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Has there been an official media release yet?
http://pub132.ezboard.com/fjacksonch...cID=2814.topic
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 09:07 AM

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 10:27 AM

I love one of the guy's obvious dislike for Ibanez and ESP;

paraphrased

"those endorsees were originally Jackson players, let's get them back from Ibanez and ESP"

I don't necessarily like Jacksons, but I certainly don't care who wants to play them.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 04:23 AM

and apparantly the custom job will be left alone.... to whoever asked...
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 11:15 AM
dex

I saw something that I though sounded strange:

Quote:
.........Artist relations - I can't say what will happen, but I doubt we're going to cut Jackson/Charvel artists and try to put their guitars into the hands of Clapton or Jeff Beck. Both of whom, by the way, pay for their guitars just like Jackson & Charvel artists. We believe in the same thing: a guitarist plays a guitar because they like playing it, not because we pay them . . . we don't.......

Morgan Ringwald
I don't know about NOT paying someone who has a signature product with your company and even if they do pay 7ender customshop for their instruments, they end up getting a lot more back as royalties from sold signature lines.
Last time I checked that was the same as paying them.
I mean I know 7ender is not giving them money for playing their guitars but the musicians mentioned are definitely making money out of playing 7enders.
Anyone else feel that this quote is a bit misleading?

P.S. Quote taken without permission

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , darren wilson , floyd rose , headstock design , jackson custom shop , jeff beck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode