Fender "Splatter" Stratocaster - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Fender "Splatter" Stratocaster

Finally, art you can touch! Designed after the ever-popular and modern “Spin Art,” each Splatter Stratocaster® guitar has its own “one-of-a-kind” finish. We start with a Standard Series Stratocaster guitar and then drip various colors in different sequences on the front and back of the spinning body to create a truly individual and unique finish. Between the six different base body finishes and 15 different applied paint colors, there is an endless array of color possibilities. Why hang original art on the wall, when you can strap it on and play it!

and i say, COOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 10:55 PM

I think it's funny that their advertising strategy is to liken the finish to a popular children's activity that, literally, any 5-year-old could do. Add to that a cheap, imported sub-par instrument and that's certainly something I'd waste my money on NOT! I guess it's one way to keep make better use of the employee day-care facilities: put the kids to work!

Saw one in Guitar Center this weekend. The term "P.O.S." applies to every aspect of these guitars.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:06 AM

Those guitars look like candy and make me hungry.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

I think those colors look very cool.

the problem is the instrument itself. they've done this on the chepo fenders.
I would like to see this coloring on american stardards and deluxe models.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 07:30 PM

I think they are cool looking!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 04:48 AM

Guess Fender just tried to do some kind of attractive model like swirled Jems are but they just did something cheap. I recently read on these models something like "every fender model will just be unique as each painting will be unique whereas made mechanically" .
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:12 AM

Reviews: 3
its good inspiration to try though, cuz it does look very cool!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:54 AM

I'd rather have a plain daphne or seafoam finished relic with a maple board. These don't do it for me. That said, I LOVE those tweed cases Strats come in

jim
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 10:39 PM

They look like sperms swimming towards and egg in the middle of the guitar.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
I think it's funny that their advertising strategy is to liken the finish to a popular children's activity that, literally, any 5-year-old could do. Add to that a cheap, imported sub-par instrument and that's certainly something I'd waste my money on NOT! I guess it's one way to make better use of the employee day-care facilities: put the kids to work!

Saw one in Guitar Center this weekend. The term "P.O.S." applies to every aspect of these guitars.
arent you also describing the ibanez swirled jems and UVs? A butt-ugly paintjob on a cheapo guitar!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash the stampede
Quote:
I think it's funny that their advertising strategy is to liken the finish to a popular children's activity that, literally, any 5-year-old could do. Add to that a cheap, imported sub-par instrument and that's certainly something I'd waste my money on NOT! I guess it's one way to keep make better use of the employee day-care facilities: put the kids to work!

arent you also describing the ibanez swirled jems and UVs? a butt ugly paintjob on a cheapo guitar!
Ummmm...actually, there is NO comparison. If you knew anything whatsoever about ATD's swirling process, you'd realize what a joke your statement is (not the funny kind though..just the sad kind)

Besides- in terms of the quality of the actual instrument itself, there is ZERO comparison to that of a Japanese-made JEM or UV. None. Period.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash the stampede
Quote:
I think it's funny that their advertising strategy is to liken the finish to a popular children's activity that, literally, any 5-year-old could do. Add to that a cheap, imported sub-par instrument and that's certainly something I'd waste my money on NOT! I guess it's one way to make better use of the employee day-care facilities: put the kids to work!

arent you also describing the ibanez swirled jems and UVs? a butt ugly paintjob on a cheapo guitar!
Uh, no. I don't think he was. We can probably have that debate if you want to, but this isn't the place you can do it and win. My first thought of these guitars was that they're a cheap take-off on the real thing -- a swirled JEM. Can't imagine those fenders will sell very well.

Tags
swirled jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode