Fender/Strat guys- help me out. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Fender/Strat guys- help me out.

Do any of you know more about the Fujigen Fender Strats from '85-'87? It is NOT a Japanese Squire.

I found one that's all original with the "System 1" double locking trem, "E7" serial number.

I know they're good if they're Fuji, but are they worth buyng when I'm searching for a "Simple Strat"? I'm looking for a good playing strat that SOUNDS like a strat should. I was checking out a bunch of MIM's when I ran across this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Re: Fender/Strat guys- help me out.

some pics.............

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 PM

I have a couple from 88 and 89, and they're all the Strat I could ever want or need. Love them. Great necks too.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 10:28 PM

I have a white road worn strat with Texas specials I can give you a buddy price on if your interested. It was refretted and Plek'd
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 05:34 AM

They are widely considered to be as good if not better than the MIA stuff.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Do any of you know more about the Fujigen Fender Strats from '85-'87? It is NOT a Japanese Squire.

I found one that's all original with the "System 1" double locking trem, "E7" serial number.

I know they're good if they're Fuji, but are they worth buyng when I'm searching for a "Simple Strat"? I'm looking for a good playing strat that SOUNDS like a strat should. I was checking out a bunch of MIM's when I ran across this one.
Did you play it? If it sustains good and sounds right, then why not? By the looks of it (alder/maple/SCs) it should sound 100% strat.
Never seen the "System 1" trem tho. I would go for a used MIA alpine white w maple board. (YJM style).

In my humble opinion, strats are great, the whole Ibanez RG design was so good because it modeled a strat in essence. Played my strat yesterday and it felt very nice.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 09:16 AM

I've played a few of those back in the days. Some good and some bad, that's how it is.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 06:44 PM

Reviews: 120

I dunno if that bridge is really going to give you the full "Strat experience". I'd be looking for something with a regular vintage 6 hole or modern 2 post strat bridge. Ensure you're getting an alder body and definitely maple fretboard!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I dunno if that bridge is really going to give you the full "Strat experience". I'd be looking for something with a regular vintage 6 hole or modern 2 post strat bridge. Ensure you're getting an alder body and definitely maple fretboard!
^this, i'm sure this guitar is going to be great since its a Fuji, but if you're looking for a traditional strat, i think you should probably go for the mim.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 07:11 PM

Looks like a Kahler tremolo. They have more parts, but generally work the same as the standard strat bridge. Otherwise this is the same guitar. I believe the Japan-made Fenders are definitely a cut above any other Non-USA-made Fenders. Did this have a locking nut?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 02:04 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modorange View Post
I believe the Japan-made Fenders are definitely a cut above any other Non-USA-made Fenders. Did this have a locking nut?
I agree - I think this guitar would be much better choice than any MIM Strat.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 10:47 PM

Those MIJ strats are pretty solid all the way around. It's going to be very close to an old strat other than the more massive bridge but I assume the three passive single coil pickups are what you are after.

They are better than the Standard Series MIM strats but not on the level of the Classic Series MIM strats.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modorange View Post
Looks like a Kahler tremolo. They have more parts, but generally work the same as the standard strat bridge. Otherwise this is the same guitar. I believe the Japan-made Fenders are definitely a cut above any other Non-USA-made Fenders. Did this have a locking nut?
A little late to this party; sorry, haven't been over here in a couple of weeks.

Those System 1 trems were made for Fender by Schaller; they were on the Contemporary models as well as this Squier model. Just to make things more confusing there was a Fender model that was pretty similar, but the Fender had a 22-fret neck while the Squier had a 21-fret neck. Just one of the oddballs from that era of Fender.

These should have a "behind the nut" string clamp, made by Schaller. It's the same string clamp that was used on other non-Floyd Schaller trems, such as the one they made for Schecter (the "Trem-Lock") that was also used by Ernie Ball/Music Man on the Silhouette guitars in the late 1980s.

As an aside, Fender had issues with the System 1 trems and by the start of 1987 they had replaced them with Kahler 2550 fulcrum trems on all the models that used the System 1 - but they continued to use the Schaller-made string clamps with them. By this point the Squier model was discontinued, as were all the other Fender Contemporary models that used the System 2 and System 3 trem units.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 06:29 AM

Never heard of that one before
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 02:07 PM

If you want top quality, I suggest you buy an American one. Or if you still want a Japanese, look for some special models with Alder body (not that basswood sh**).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode