Fender Strat Swirl - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Fender Strat Swirl

Hi: Found this on Craigslist and it was local so I purchased it. It is a custom swirl by Darren Johansen done about 2003. Though I can admire the clear pick guard to show off the swirl. It's not my style. I was thinking of using white like the 1983 Fender Bowling Ball Strats. Just wondering what other looks people might think work. Thanks Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00909 (2).jpg (39.0 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Re: Fender Strat Swirl

I'd leave the clear, the swirl is so busy you don't really notice the wire and routes
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 03:54 PM

Not a fan of the clear. I don't know if I'd go white either though. Part of what made the bowling ball strats work was that the pickups matched the pick guard. I'd go black.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 07:47 PM

leave it
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 10:44 AM

Jumping in on this a little late so I don't know if you've made a decesion yet. The clear pickguard looks fine as is but I'm on the same page as you. I'm not the biggest fan of being able to see the routes & wires. I think maybe a black pearloid pickguard would look nice with it. Or put white covers on the pickups & put a white pearloid pickguard on it. either way I think the pickups should match the color of the guard.

Just had another thought... Something else that might look kind of cool would be to use a green or green pearloid pickguard with the black puckups

Last edited by madasahatter; 08-05-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added another suggestion
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I think fender had it right. I was thinking everything has to be one color. On the wilder side I was thinking a see through green pick guard with multi color pickup covers, knobs, and switch. When you see it in person it has a steam punk look to it. I was also thinking a brass cover between the guitar and pick guard. Anyway haven't pulled the trigger on any parts yet. Thanks Dan

Tags
atd , bowling ball , darren johansen , swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode