Fernandez Sustainer on an Ibanez S? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Fernandez Sustainer on an Ibanez S?

Anyone here tried or managed to install the Fernandez Sustainer on an Ibanez S-series? I would like to get one installed but not sure if it would fit into an S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Re: Fernandez Sustainer on an Ibanez S?

I don't see why not? Wouldn't it just be the same as installing active EMG's, meaning it would be imperative to have a cavity routed for the battery housing? Surely you have someone to help you there!?!

Either way, let us know!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 04:23 PM

Sustainiac will fit, since someone on the Ibanez forum already has it done on his S470. Don't know if anyone has actually done it with Fernandes Sustainer.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 05:00 PM

Hey Herman! I'd love to see you put a sustainer to good use on the next Dforce album! Awesome stuff.

Anyways, as far as I know, you would just need to make a space for the battery.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM

It can be done, but you will have to take a lot of wood out of the back for the board and switch placement.

PM sent.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 06:08 PM

I'd be apt to suggest the sustainiac over the fernandes sustainer for an s-series. It's circuit board is considerably smaller.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Hey Herman !
Are you at all tempted by that 2007 7-string S or will you be sticking to 6 strings ?

BTW Sustainiac defo has the smaller board and would be better bet for not removing so much wood.

Ben

Ben
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check it out.

Eggy, I am lucky enough to have an original 540S7BK...love it but hell yeah I will give the new S7 a place at my home (or bus LOL) :-)
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 PM

While you are at it, tell them to go back to wizard necks on the prestige.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
While you are at it, tell them to go back to wizard necks on the prestige.
Yes. Do it. Herman. You have the power. YOU HAVE TEH POWER!
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:01 PM

Naw I was joking. They'd just give him some custom Ss with wizards on them and tell him to scoot along.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
Naw I was joking. They'd just give him some custom Ss with wizards on them and tell him to scoot along.
His main guitar is an S470 with the Wizard I neck anyway, so he's more than happy I bet!

One of his last posts said they were replicating his S470 right now in the LA Custom Shop, but with an Edge LoPro.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 02:05 AM

What no ZR?
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Post Re: Fernandez Sustainer on an Ibanez S?

I use both my S's with wizard 1 and wizard 2 on tour, at home, as well as different bridges: ZR, Lo-Pro, Lo-TRS!!! I actually have no problem switching from a wizard 1 to wizard 2 live. Yes, they are different of course.
All my guitars are still stock models at the moment, the LA custom shop replication job you mentioned is actually made up of old existing parts put together, so it's not a LAC. It turned out to be very different, simply cos you can't replicate the feel of a guitar played for over 10 years. I had a S based LAC built earlier this year with the ZR bridge, but the airline snapped it in 2 before I got the chance to really play it, so it was the end story for that!

My main guitar for over 10 years, the S470sol has finally retired from touring, to avoid it being broken by airlines etc. or getting stolen. Not decided on the replacement yet..
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDlamode View Post
I use both my S's with wizard 1 and wizard 2 on tour, at home, as well as different bridges: ZR, Lo-Pro, Lo-TRS!!! I actually have no problem switching from a wizard 1 to wizard 2 live. Yes, they are different of course.
All my guitars are still stock models at the moment, the LA custom shop replication job you mentioned is actually made up of old existing parts put together, so it's not a LAC. It turned out to be very different, simply cos you can't replicate the feel of a guitar played for over 10 years. I had a S based LAC built earlier this year with the ZR bridge, but the airline snapped it in 2 before I got the chance to really play it, so it was the end story for that!

My main guitar for over 10 years, the S470sol has finally retired from touring, to avoid it being broken by airlines etc. or getting stolen. Not decided on the replacement yet..

An Ibanez J custom should be in your future perhaps...

I don't see enough big name guitarists using those! They're some of the most beautiful (in my opinion) and I hear some of the best playing guitars Ibanez makes! That'd be pretty cool if you started playing them...

Tags
custom guitar , custom shop , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution pickups , evolution pickups , fernandes sustainer , ikebe gakki , jumbo frets , locking nut , playing guitar , reverse headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode