Few Questions about my Rg570 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Few Questions about my Rg570

I am looking to change the pickups in my Rg570. I think an Evolution in the bridge and Air norton in the neck would be good. I play Instrumental rock (vai, satch) and some prog.(dream theater). What would you guys suggest for the middle position (from dimarzio)? I would kind of lik eit to be bluesy/hard rockish. Like a Jimi Hendrix type sound.

Next part is I want to have some cool colors... The color of my guitar is this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33043. Thats the one I bought. So I was thinking
1. All Green
2. Green/black, green, black/green
3. All blue
4. Blue/Black. Blue, black/blue
or
5. Green, blue, green, blue/green
or 6. your suggestion.

Now that brings me to my next question. How do I order custom colors from dimarzio ( is there a website that I could order custom colors from?) and do they charge a lot more then places like musiciansdiscount.com for thier pickups?

Well thats it... let me know what you think. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

anyone?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 02:57 AM

Why not try the "new" Tone Zone - S in the middle?

I've never heard it and only suggest it because it is "new" on the Dimarzio site. Coil split (half Evo half TZ) seems interesting on paper. Don't know how it would really sound.

For your color choices, go visit the KISAEKE website and try out the colors to see what it would look like. It would definitely help on the decision making.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 07:00 AM

I have to correct myself. The KISEKAE website doesn't allow you to "test" pickup color combos. At least it doesn't seem to.

Cheers,
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 07:45 AM

all purple.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 08:51 AM

Purple is too Teletubbies in my opinion, of course, if you're a 5 year old guitar genius, I wouldn't fault you that.

I would go with the greenblue combo #5.

As to ordering, I believe you can:
1) Call your closest Dimarzio Dealer or
2) Ask your closest music shop which is my only option over here

Make sure you ask for F-spaced if preferred, and also make sure to be VERY CLEAR when asking for the colors (which is closer to the neck and which closer to the bridge)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 09:37 AM

purple is not pink or whatever infantile, and it matches great with blue.
there's no purple, nor purple/blue combo on Teletubbies.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 10:59 AM

Hey Nuno, no offence meant! I didn't mean Infantile, mate. I meant more "like a toy".

Isn't TinkyWinky purple?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 11:09 AM

Whoa I got a really good question here. Go back to the ebay site and look at the blow up pic where your looking straight at the bridge with the p/u's behind it. Is there NOT some kind of a little messege (about 15 words or so) next to the tone knob??? Cmon I cant be the only one who sees that. It has to be computer attached.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 11:29 AM

I think someone wrote something there (to take you out of the subliminal message, twilight zone feeling). Looks like some sort of a "dedication" or something.

Doesn't look carved, so i think should be relatively easy to remove. Though I wouldn't guarantee that.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 11:36 AM

Actually, since it is time to go home, I was trying to read this stuff. It seems like a reflection off a computer screen (there's a whitish box around it), but, funnily enough, it seems to be legible (as a reflection).

Back into the twilight zone.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:12 PM

That's photoshopped on there, like the Ibanez logo is.. It says something like "Subliminal Message: You want to buy this guitar..."(can't make out the rest)
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 01:56 PM

It actually does say "subliminal message" as the top line, then "you want to (unintelligible). The third line starts with the word "guitar" but I can't get the rest. Fourth line is "and the..(unintelligible)". Fifth line "just (unintelligible..maybe remit? too short for remember) you are", and last line "getting a steal". The words are not reversed, either.
Very odd that.

jim
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 02:35 PM

Hmmm, I have this urgent desire to buy a guitar...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

I already have the guitar here... that message is not on the guitar. So you guys think I should go with the tone zone S in the middle position? Or is there any other suggestions on that?

I will probably do green/blue (#5) or I will just go with green/black if i can't custom order any or just dont want to lol. Idk the black on it now looks really nice with the blue.. I think I want some black on it... what do oyu guys think Green/black green black/green or blue/black blue black/blue?

Thanks!

Tags
air norton , coil split , jimi hendrix , steve vai , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode