FGN Guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

FGN Guitars

Anyone buy an FGN guitar? Also, is this the same FUJIGEN that made the ibanez models or is it a re-birth company?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 02:46 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: FGN Guitars

It is the same factory, and I have reviewed one and it was amazing.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

I was checking out their telecaster the Iliad-M. $639 shipped to the US. That's cheaper than the MIM telecasters. How are the bent frets? Were they weird to play? or is it a very subtle effect that you don't notice?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 03:57 PM

You don't even notice them.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks - what model did you play?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 04:25 PM

It was an LP style with P90s.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

I've gotten into telecasters lately. I have a US G&L ASAT, MIM Fender baja with a warmoth neck, am building a pawlonia one now, and took a chance and ordered one of the FGNs based on how well their Ibanez guitars play.

I'll post some info on it when it shows up.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 08:41 PM

I'm curious about these as well.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

I like it. Plays really nice. It came with 10's and I have been playing it with the 10's. I'm more of a 9's person and will most likely set it up with 9's when I change the strings. The only other thing is that it has old style fender tuners. I hate stringing these. On my G&L's I have replaced the tuners with locking schaller tuners. On this one, my plan is to leave them and deal with it. The frets are finished really nice. The fret ends are nicely finished (although not as nice as prestige ibanez's) and the frets were leveled perfectly.

I haven't taken a bunch of pictures of it yet, but I have a telecaster family pic

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 PM

Reviews: 2

Very nice Tom. Interesting that it's a 21-fret Tele.

As far as I can tell they only make the Iliad in the standard series. Hopefully it sells enough for them to start making it in the expert series as well.

If it were an Ibanez, where do you think it would fall in line as far as craftsmanship, playability....etc? By price alone, they fall in with some of the Iron Label guitars. I'm also wondering what you think of they're house brand pups. They only use the house brand on all levels of their guitars.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

21 frets just like the original tele's. The 22 fret ones have a 1 fret overhang. The g&l is a 22 fret no overhang design. Pickups sound good. Very close to the reissue 62's I used in the yellow one. The quality is definitely mij and matches the genesis I bought earlier. The fretboard is glued onto the neck as opposed to a one piece maple neck and the fretboard is not rolled as much as I like, but that is nitpicky stuff. I think it plays better than the stock mim fenders.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 07:04 AM

I've played both an Alder body Telecaster and an Alder Strat. They played great. Fujigen's stock pups are really nice sounding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode