finally got a 7 string - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

finally got a 7 string

Probably wasting most of your time here people.... but I am so happy because today I got my first 7.

It's an RG7321... I know I know... big deal... but I really couldn't afford to buy a guitar at all... then my girlfriend's father comes along and buys one for me because he has seen how hard I have tried to save for one.

I'm over the moon and I can use the money I was going to pay for the guitar on buying some nice new dimarzios!!! Yippee!

I'm so flippin happy and I can't wait to start saving for my next conquest.... RG1527.

Lance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 04:19 PM

Re: finally got a 7 string

congratulations, man!

sounds like you must get on pretty good with your girlfriend's old man. looking back, i can't think of a single girlfriend i had where her dad would buy me a guitar. break one over my head, perhaps...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 04:30 PM

I used to have an RG7321 and I thought it was a pretty nice guitar. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the stock pickups but I could have changed them if I hadn't found a guitar that I liked better. Honestly, I think Ibanez should go the same route with the RG7321 as they did with the RG321 and start making them out of mahogany with some Infinity 7 pickups. I LOVE the sound of my RG321 as well as my S470DX and I've gotta say that mahogany has a much nicer tone than basswood IMO.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:23 PM

Ibanez RG7321.... great guitar. Join the seven-string club now!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys... any suggestions for some nice dimarzios

I know there are forums already with loads of suggestions, but any help will be appreciated!

Lance
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 02:51 PM

COngratulations! That's a great guitar and I envy you for having such a father in law

AS for the pups just let us know what kind of music you play or what kind of sounds you want and suggestions will flow like a river.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fono22
Thanks guys... any suggestions for some nice dimarzios

I know there are forums already with loads of suggestions, but any help will be appreciated!

Lance

Wait with the Pu's and take your FiL out for a movie or dinner... show some respect.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 03:38 PM

welcome to the club! RG7321s are great guitars! i find the stock pickups to be a little dark and get kinda muddy when playing speedier riffs and such but not bad at all for the price range. plus the white neck binding looks killer against the black finish!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyconxero
I used to have an RG7321 and I thought it was a pretty nice guitar. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the stock pickups but I could have changed them if I hadn't found a guitar that I liked better. Honestly, I think Ibanez should go the same route with the RG7321 as they did with the RG321 and start making them out of mahogany with some Infinity 7 pickups. I LOVE the sound of my RG321 as well as my S470DX and I've gotta say that mahogany has a much nicer tone than basswood IMO.
a 7321mh would have me GAS-ing like no other! oh the possiblilities!!!! black and natural finish. theyd be flying off the shelves!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj
Wait with the Pu's and take your FiL out for a movie or dinner... show some respect.

Umm... right respect. Do you think the guy would have bought me a new guitar if I didn't respect him?

How many Father in Law's would give a disrespectful son in law a guitar.

With all due respect, I do a lot for the guy, he appreciates my help. Show some respect and mind your own god damn bussiness.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

By the way... My fav music, well it's hard to say... but I love Tool, Alice in Chains and other Rock Music.

Two totally different sounds I know... but basically good hard rock. No too heavy, not too ***. I don't want EMGs but I do want some balls when I need them! (extra balls that is)
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:19 PM

I was very surprised how well the AH-7's sounded on the Rg7321.
I'd leave the pickups as is and save for the RG1527

Congrats anyway!!!!!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fono22
Umm... right respect. Do you think the guy would have bought me a new guitar if I didn't respect him?

How many Father in Law's would give a disrespectful son in law a guitar.

With all due respect, I do a lot for the guy, he appreciates my help. Show some respect and mind your own god damn bussiness.
I think that was meant to be taken lightly

DiMarzio Blaze's should do a good job btw. Air nortons are an AMAZING neck pickup IMO and they now make a 7 string version.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:31 AM

I've got a Blaze Custom and Air Norton 7 coming in from DiMarzio. I got the Blaze recommended in the first place, but since I heard it was scooped, and the BC had more mid-register, I went with that one. And as far as neck-pickups go - while other pickups have gotten mixed reviews, I've heard nothing but good things about the Air Norton 7.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTart
I think that was meant to be taken lightly

It most certainly was, language barrier i guess.

Tags
air norton , air nortons , dimarzio blaze , neck binding , neck pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode