Finished first project!! :) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Finished first project!! :)

Here is my guitar that I just finished! (color, electronics, hardware, bridge, and tuners)
Hope you guys like it! I love it! sounds better that it looks, believe it or not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:02 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Finished first project!! :)

Looks great Gene!!!!

What bridge is that?? also, why the pup rings on the pickguard..... does it help your tone/sustain at all??
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Reviews: 120

Looking good!

Ryc, looks like a Gotoh to me.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Reviews: 10

Looks very nice!!! I really like how your choice of body colour, pickguard and neck inlays all work well together - I really like the look you've pulled off here...nice work
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, lol I changed the studs in the first two pics with stainless ones in the second. They look much much nicer. Not really sure why I used the chrome rings, but It looks cooler in my opinion. As you can see I love shiny stuff and the color scheme atually came to me in a dream.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 PM

Reviews: 2

alright Gene, time to give up some specs................lol
bridge, pups, body ad neck specs........etc. I REALLY love the color
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 01:32 AM

I love the big metal flake in the paint. Totally HOT!!! Good job!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 AM

Reviews: 4

Love the paint choice but, don't dig the pick up mounting rings on the pick guard...I do agree that everything is in the eye of the beholder...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Reviews: 6

What paint is that -- the colour looks really sharp!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM

Reviews: 11

Gonna follow the concensus here! Love the color and the pickgaurd, but the metal rings are kinda much for me. If you like it though, thats all that matters!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Reviews: 9

Wow great job! What type of paint is that?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Its layered with gold flake and then orange flake, then lots and lots of clear. I'll be honest though I didn't paint it, my pop's good buddy did. He's a freakin' pro!

Its a ej neck, texas special mid, and I'm getting an evo bridge in the mail soon. swapped all wiring too.

Bridge is one of those "hardened" steel floyds from guitarfetish. I got it as an experiment, because they had a good rep with me. Its surprisingly well made and stays in tune perfect. (then again I don't really wail on the thing) It replaced the zinc alloy pos that was in there at birth. Also swapped in some schaller locking tuners and a bone nut for tone and sustain. At least thats what I'm trying to convince myself.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Reviews: 12

Awesome guitar dude. Love it!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Its layered with gold flake and then orange flake, then lots and lots of clear. I'll be honest though I didn't paint it, my pop's good buddy did. He's a freakin' pro!

Its a ej neck, texas special mid, and I'm getting an evo bridge in the mail soon. swapped all wiring too.

Bridge is one of those "hardened" steel floyds from guitarfetish. I got it as an experiment, because they had a good rep with me. Its surprisingly well made and stays in tune perfect. (then again I don't really wail on the thing) It replaced the zinc alloy pos that was in there at birth. Also swapped in some schaller locking tuners and a bone nut for tone and sustain. At least thats what I'm trying to convince myself.
hey there, I purchased one of those floyds a few months ago, and all was good until i strung it up and my strings were like 2mm to the side of the pole-pieces. did you have to move studs, or was it perfect as is?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

It was, and is, slightly off. Maybe by 1mm and hardly noticeable. I doubt it impacts tone at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode