flouro green pups in a black RG7? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

flouro green pups in a black RG7?

hi guys, sorry if this has been covered already (a couple of searches turned nothing up)

ive got a black RG7 that ive put had a single coil blaze pickup routed into so that it performs like a UV. ive always loved the green-on-black UV's and was thinking of installing flouro green pickups into it, along with the flouro knobs etc as well...

* has anyone done this (or seen anyone that has - even better got pics)?
* will it look any good? (i think it would look kinda crap if it didnt have the single)
* do you all think its a good idea, or am I just an idiot for even considering it?
* will i have any trouble finding the green knobs? (any ideas?)
* yeh, i should just buy a UV7BK but thats proving harder than you can imagine trying to find one in australia!!!

heres a photo of me and my RG ive photoshopped - i think it looks pretty snazzy!!! its from a gig about a month ago...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 10:14 AM

Dude that kicks ass. Green is always good. I wish I could get Tone zone7's and Air norton 7's in green. I wanted to do the same with my new 1527. The purpleish body would look really cool with Green pickups. Just 2 humbuckers would look fine in Green.
You know what would really make it great would be Green neon fret markers if not some really cool custome shapes. LGM can do that for you at a very reasonable price.

~A
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Garrow
The purpleish body would look really cool with Green pickups.
Umm... Just goes to show how subjective taste is.

-D
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 12:31 PM

I know,, I thought the same thing,,, but you would have to see it to actually appreciate it. I went to a local paint store and color matched my UVGR pickups to paint swatches and made a mock up just to see how far out it would be. And it looked kickass. The 1527 is very dark, so it works. However the purple( Fred color) and BFB blue is even sweeter.

~A
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 01:58 PM

Purple and green? might as well put an incredible hulk sticker on there ;p ;p
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 02:02 PM

Not a bad idea. Never even thought of the hulk connection. Is it possible that I may just be color blind and not even know it....
NAH

~A
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 10:18 PM

You can start from this...
Tubarão
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

thanks "Tubarão Guitars"

its better to actually be able to "see" what it will actually look like...

I'm definately going ahead with it, and have ordered the pups today.
do you know where I can get the green knobs from? - and is that the closest green that i'll be able to get to the pups?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 02:48 AM

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 09:33 AM

Tubarao! thats sweet! Simple yet very sweet! Wish the New Knobs were more Neon. I've actually had pretty good luck in the past painting those knobs with Neon paint. I would ruff them up with some steel wool, light coat of primer, then rattle can them with Neon paint, then Sharpie fine point in the numbers and writing. Super Sweet, and they react to the Black light!

~A
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 09:59 AM

About changing pick ups on a rg 1527. Does a dimarzio fit in? I thought i read somwhere that the pick up cavity needs some extra routing... I'm going to buy one teusday and i also do want to change pickups (dimarzio blaze custom and a air norton).

Like the idea of green pups, looks cool on the black one aswell!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 12:50 PM

NOPE they fit right in. That's Carvin that would require routing. Unless of course you are adding a single in the middle,,then yes for obvious reasons...lol.

No man, I didn't have to do anything fancy with my 1527,,,, I put in TZ and AirNorton7. I used the diagram from the Ibanez website, for a 7620. Dimarzio has diagrams as well,, but it gets a little confusing cuz they reference all of there stuff, 5 toggle is different than the stock toggle.

~A
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

seeing as though Im replacing the black blaze single coil with a green one, does anyone know if it would be worth selling and what a fair price would be to ask? or am i better just to keep it as a spare?

the greenies are on the way and should be installed within the next couple of weeks, i'll post a pic once ive done it all!

cant wait!!!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

update:

i got my pickups today from the US, I reckon I got an awesome deal (in comparison to australian retail prices),

Blaze Custom (bridge)
Blaze (single)
Blaze (neck)
with all knobs and screws and all in green for US$200 (inc shipping)

i'll post a pic once ive got them installed if anyones interested.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 03:04 PM

Very good news!
Love the original Blazes on my UVPWH.
The Blaze Custom has good rewiews too.
Hope you get the best tone!
Warm regards,
Tubarão

Tags
air norton , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio blaze custom , fret markers , steel wool , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode