Framus Diablo Custom - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Framus Diablo Custom

Can anybody tell me a bit those guitars? Are they any good etc. and what kind of a Wilkinson trem is there VS-100? Thanks .

Regards

André

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Re: Framus Diablo Custom

I have read some very very good stuff about them. Lamb of God use them, so they must be pretty damn good. I havent played a Diablo Custom myself, but I have played a Framus Panthera Custom. I really liked it. I loved the neck on it, and it sounded great too. Very well built......all at quite a good price too. I wouldnt mind picking-up a Diablo Custom actually - they look very sweet. And as I say, Lamb of God use them, and I am a huge fan of them so......
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 03:24 PM

I believe that Framus is a very respected company, and known for putting out a quality product.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
I believe that Framus is a very respected company, and known for putting out a quality product.
Absolutely
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 08:32 PM

This guitar is pretty good, but won't do bluesy/classic sounds. It has a pretty transparent and sterile tone clean, rather harsh distorted. Very heavy body for my liking too.

However, quality is very good, if you are prepared to take care of the unfinished neck which has caused a headache to quite a few.

Very cheap in Germany too.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

I know the company used to be German but are they still produced in Germany?

Regards

André

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 05:02 PM

Reviews: 7

I've only played one, not through an amp. But for feel alone i'd buy the guitar, and Lamb of God uses them so their great for metal.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 06:07 PM
tTz

I think I saw a Diablo Custom (Diablo Scotch Custom, I think it was called) in an advert in a mag, and it looked beautiful, with a great flamed top in natural finish. On looks alone, I'd buy one (if I had the money).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

I'm currently tearing myself between getting a Framus Diablo Custom or a Tokai PR85 or a Carvin Contour 66. Tough choices.

Regards

André

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 04:13 PM

Yes, they are made in Germany. All models are magnificent to look at and very beautiful. However, I didn't like the Diablo Custom, but I would get a Diablo Pro if I weren't worried about the unfinished neck. Others have already seen theirs warp.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur
Yes, they are made in Germany. All models are magnificent to look at and very beautiful. However, I didn't like the Diablo Custom, but I would get a Diablo Pro if I weren't worried about the unfinished neck. Others have already seen theirs warp.
OK, thanks for clearing that up. I like unfinished necks . They warp that easily?

Regards

André

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 05:36 PM

I am not sure how easily they warp, but I do know that some guitars at the local Framus distributor were famous for their dead spots and warping. Granted, he wasn't very careful about them and never performs any maintenance on them.

The neck on Framus models is very nice though, and has a wonderful feeling. But as I said, I find it to be a weak spot.

Tags
wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode