Fraud ? You Make the Call - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Fraud ? You Make the Call

I got this 2000 RG570 off "the bay". Here is what the auction pictures showed:

The woman who listed the guitar described the neck as "There is minor stress lines on back side of wood that do not impact play at all"

Well,......... here's what I got. Pure fraud and misrepresentation in my opinion. This neck has been hit HARD! and cracked almost all the way through. Do not impact play at all? Holy crap batman!!! Impacts play, tuning, stability, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by GregCrowe; 12-09-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 05:55 PM

Re: Fruad ? You Make the Call

The crack behind the nut looks really bad on the last pic. I wouldn't call that ''minor stress lines''!
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:01 PM

Re: Fraud ? You Make the Call

From the second pic, the one on the carpet, there are three separate plainly visible BIG cracks in the neck. You must have seen them, did you factor them into your bid price? One tiny hairline I can understand, but three big cracks...
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

You can't tell they are that bad in the auction pic. It's very very common for Floyd Rose nuts mounted from the backside of the neck to cause finish cracks. We all see this on guitars every day. I incorrectly assumed from her own description that they were just finish cracks, not monster cracks all the way thru the wood.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:23 PM

Thumbs down Re: Fraud ? You Make the Call

where does Minor come into play here

Sorry to see that man....and yes, the cracks don't look as bad on the auction pics. Go figure

But as Jim777 mentioned...you can still see 3 cracks. That'd be enough to sway me away.

Hope your not stuck with it!

This is exactly why I don't do evilbay...period!

Last edited by JJEMMER777; 12-09-2005 at 06:40 PM.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:34 PM

They didn't look that deep in the auction picture... but in your pics they look deep as the grand canyon. When I sell stuff on **** I try to picture it as badly as possible. I'd rather someone get a guitar from me and think "wow, this is much nicer than I thought it would be" than "holy crap I just got screwed".
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:35 PM

well if he is, cracks can be fixed, pretty sure someone (Rich?) had a tutorial on it?
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:53 PM

3 cracks indeed but they should fixable with some woodglue etc. But these are not stress cracks.

Regards

André

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
But these are not stress cracks.

Regards

André
I think they qualify as "SLAM" cracks! I wonder who was killed by this axe???
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:08 PM
b3n

lol, axe murderer.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

The woman is being an incredible "female dog" at this point. I'm going to file a fraud complaint with PayPal tonight. You will probably see this RG570 back on the Bay at some point when PayPal makes the woman take it back and refund my money. When you see it on the Bay, BEWARE!!!!

By the way, I'm new here. What's the deal with E B A Y being blocked out like a cuss word?
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCrowe
By the way, I'm new here. What's the deal with E B A Y being blocked out like a cuss word?
Because that's exactly what it is

Welcome to Jemsite Greg and I wish you the best of luck in the return/refund
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Man, those cracks are as plain as day (in the auction pictures). The one on the left looks like it's a foot long (in the auction pictures). I'm not sure that you are going to fare to well in this dispute over at 'Bay.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:39 PM

Here's the auction number: 7370441084

This seller obviously knows nothing about guitars (according to other items for sale). That and the pictures of the cracked neck would have kept me (and most) away from the auction. Though, she does offer a 3 day return policy, so I would think that she would accept it back if conditions were met. I'll just say best of luck with this one.

There's also the possibility, and perhaps most likely that while en route the guitar got banged around a few times further worsening the pre-existing cracks. I mean, from the auction pictures to your pictures it looks as if either the neck was manipulated (and further damaged) to emphasize the cracks, or it got beat up in shipping.
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:47 PM

The auction pictures look more like repaired cracks. Certainly don't look as bad as the real thing. This is clearly another case where the seller downplayed the cracks and carefully orchestrated the picture to make it look better than it is. It may not due any good as far as a return though. Just another example of how the 'Bay is just a way for people to dump their junk and screw the other guy more than they are being screwed themselves.

Tags
floyd rose , ibanez neck , lock nut , mahogony body , quilted maple , truss rod , truss rods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode