Free Strat Copy!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
Free Strat Copy!!

Well yesterday a friend of mine says there is this man in his community who regularly asks for computer help. So I went over and helped him out.

So I spent 40 minutes setting up his computer with the right AV, firefox etc. He also requested that I set up an **** account and a paypal account for him.

So I did that - and then before I was expecting to leave - he told me to follow him. I followed him into the back room of the house. He turned on the lights and holy ****!!

There were about 40 Gibson Les Pauls, SGs and others sitting around the rooms edge. :bowdown:

He gave this one guitar and said take it. So this is the guitar I got.

It is a decent guitar - had to lower its action like nuts. Its also got the worlds smallest frets. Anyways I spend like 1 hr there as he let me play an Iommi Custom SG through a Marshall 1/2 stack.

I played around on the gutiar last night till midnight - how in the world can I make it sound meaner? I might be changing the electronics too later on. What pickups can you guys recommend that would make it great for metal/rock etc?

Btw - this guitar came at a perfect time as i am refinishing my Rg7620.

Last edited by djpharoah; 07-10-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 05:20 PM

Re: Free Strat Copy!!

If you want single-coil pickups, I am personally going to recommend the Fender Hot Noiseless pickups. I also suggest you change the paint (not as hard as it sounds).
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 09:16 PM

Good deal!

An Iommi RG?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 09:24 PM

Reviews: 10
Exclamation Re: Free Strat Copy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
So I did that - and then before I was expecting to leave - he told me to follow him. I followed him into the back room of the house. He turned on the lights and holy ****!!

I wouldn't follow any guy into any back room!!!
that really sounded scary...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 09:28 PM

i'd rather get paid in guitars than cash
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
I wouldn't follow any guy into any back room!!!
that really sounded scary...
Yeah it might - but the dude was old and like 5"2 - I could have handled my self.

Sorry for the first post - it was an Iommi SG.

BTW - is the fender noiseless pickups recommended for metal/hard rock? I know Im limited byt the single coils for metal - but I heard some pickups can do it really well.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah it might - but the dude was old and like 5"2 - I could have handled my self.

Sorry for the first post - it was an Iommi SG.

BTW - is the fender noiseless pickups recommended for metal/hard rock? I know Im limited byt the single coils for metal - but I heard some pickups can do it really well.
Hard rock, yes. Metal? Maybe, but that'd be pushing it. The Hot Noiseless... think of it as a souped up strat tone. Try out an Eric Clapton or Jeff Beck strat if you wanna hear the hot noiseless in action. Jeff Beck actually designed the pickups, so if you dig his tone, then yeah, they're for you. Listen to "Earthquake" by Jeff Beck, that's about as heavy as he goes. The Hot Noiseless pick up lower notes too, he does a LOT of 1/2 step down and drop-d (sometimes 1/2 step down drop d- that's fun) and the pickups can cleanly hit all the notes, either clean or distorted.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Wow - those fenders are expensive!!

Gonna take a look at SD
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Wow - those fenders are expensive!!

Gonna take a look at SD
Yeah, the Hot Noiseless set is about $200 MSRP, you can get them at other places for $170. But think about that, that amounts to about $60 a pickup, cheaper than DiMarzios.

I personally got my pair for $110, but I know the guys at my local guitar shop...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 AM

Could always get a Mini JB =0

Tags
coil pickup , eric clapton , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guitar shop , jeff beck , jeff beck strat , les paul , les pauls , local guitar shop , noiseless pickups , strat tone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode