Fujigen Strat/tele vs Fender - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Fujigen Strat/tele vs Fender

I've always wondered what people's opinions were on Fujigen MIJ Strats and tellies are versus the Fender stuff. i've heard about the neck in Fender Tellies having little ridges that give it some uniqueness but also makes some of them more difficult to play, whereas Fujigen necks fix that problem that the Fenders have (if you really want to call it a problem, or an "eccentricity").

I've tried out a Mexico Fender tellie and a MIJ Fujigen and personally I liked the sound of the Mexico fender more, but i liked the feel of the fujigen more.

What does everyone else think? How many of you own a fujigen vs a fender (or even both)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:20 AM

Re: Fujigen Strat/tele vs Fender

Great thread!l I typically HATE Fenders, but it's a real love fest at my house for the Fuji Strats. I have two late 80's Fujijen Strats with a Kahler licensed Floyd Rose trems that are some of the best guitars I've ever owned. The neck isn't Ibanez thin, but is nowhere near typical Fender, and for everything from the most beautiful of cleans to classic 80's metal type leads (ala King Diamond, Maiden, etc) the tones that come out of them are fantastic. The Kahler licensed trem is IMO the best/most stable Floyd I've ever used, and I love the tiny fret wire on these guitars!

I have one in H/S/S and on in H/S/H, and as many guitars as I've gone through over the years, they've stayed around longer than all but my first Ibanez and I don't see me parting with them any time soon.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
Great thread!l I typically HATE Fenders, but it's a real love fest at my house for the Fuji Strats. I have two late 80's Fujijen Strats with a Kahler licensed Floyd Rose trems that are some of the best guitars I've ever owned. The neck isn't Ibanez thin, but is nowhere near typical Fender, and for everything from the most beautiful of cleans to classic 80's metal type leads (ala King Diamond, Maiden, etc) the tones that come out of them are fantastic. The Kahler licensed trem is IMO the best/most stable Floyd I've ever used, and I love the tiny fret wire on these guitars!

I have one in H/S/S and on in H/S/H, and as many guitars as I've gone through over the years, they've stayed around longer than all but my first Ibanez and I don't see me parting with them any time soon.
I hate fender just on principle (aka I understand why they are so popular but people ignore other makers because of Fender and that PISSES me off). The only fender I actually like even looking at is David Gilmour's black strat. That thing is probably the greatest strat to ever exist.

I've been tempted to make my next guitar a fuji Strat or tellie, just because I wanna have 1 guitar for clean tones (considering all my Ibbies are HSH and all half step down or 1 step down tuning). I started reminiscing about the very first guitar I had (which was taken away from me by the relative who gave it to me as a xmas present when I was like 13) and that was a nice glittery red Fender strat. I ended up quitting guitar to do kung fu ( i was forced to choose guitar lessons or kung fu and i chose the latter), but with all the time I have had to think about it, I was thinking of going with a MIJ Fuji. I just love MIJ stuff but I wanted to hear some opinions before I really think about saving up for a Fuji or if I should turn to the dark side and get a regular Fender Strat.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I hate fender just on principle (aka I understand why they are so popular but people ignore other makers because of Fender and that PISSES me off). The only fender I actually like even looking at is David Gilmour's black strat. That thing is probably the greatest strat to ever exist.

I've been tempted to make my next guitar a fuji Strat or tellie, just because I wanna have 1 guitar for clean tones (considering all my Ibbies are HSH and all half step down or 1 step down tuning). I started reminiscing about the very first guitar I had (which was taken away from me by the relative who gave it to me as a xmas present when I was like 13) and that was a nice glittery red Fender strat. I ended up quitting guitar to do kung fu ( i was forced to choose guitar lessons or kung fu and i chose the latter), but with all the time I have had to think about it, I was thinking of going with a MIJ Fuji. I just love MIJ stuff but I wanted to hear some opinions before I really think about saving up for a Fuji or if I should turn to the dark side and get a regular Fender Strat.
The Gilmour Strat is about as Iconic as they get to me as well, but the price for one is royally absurd. I'm definitely partial the MIJ stuff, and I'd obviously recommend one of them. In terms of cleans, my H/S/S does them as good as anything I've owned save my PRS guitars. I failed to mention that the humbuckers on my two MIJ Strats are splittable with a push/pull pot, so they cover ALOT of ground tonally. They're not common, but since you're in Japan it seems like they'd be much easier for you to find, and they're not incredibly expensive when you can get them.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
The Gilmour Strat is about as Iconic as they get to me as well, but the price for one is royally absurd. I'm definitely partial the MIJ stuff, and I'd obviously recommend one of them. In terms of cleans, my H/S/S does them as good as anything I've owned save my PRS guitars. I failed to mention that the humbuckers on my two MIJ Strats are splittable with a push/pull pot, so they cover ALOT of ground tonally. They're not common, but since you're in Japan it seems like they'd be much easier for you to find, and they're not incredibly expensive when you can get them.
I just did some research on those push/pull pot HSS Fujis and found em, but they are now fixed bridges, not Floyd roses. I'm sure if i went through Fuji's custom shop I could get something done about that lol
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:12 PM

Reviews: 2

I think if I were to be considering a Fuji Strat I would go straight to FGN. They do have a custom shop too.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 PM

My bad folks, I think I'm on a different page LoL. I thought we were talking about the 80s Fujijen made Fenders, not new Fujigen. I'm generally curious about Fugijen's own line though. Some look like cool guitars for sure.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM

They are nice but this is better. (cheap cell phone pic.)

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
My bad folks, I think I'm on a different page LoL. I thought we were talking about the 80s Fujijen made Fenders, not new Fujigen. I'm generally curious about Fugijen's own line though. Some look like cool guitars for sure.
Nah its cool, I know nothing about Fuji stuff so older 80s Strats or newer stuff anything is okay

How do you feel about the older Fuji strats compared to the newer stuff? What makes the older stuff more desirable than the newer stuff?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 12:34 AM

fender win

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode