FYI Arizonan's! RGPR-2 in Guitar Center Phx - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

FYI Arizonan's! RGPR-2 in Guitar Center Phx

Just an FYI for anyone in Phoenix, AZ...........Guitar Center in Phoenix on Peoria has an RGPR-2 for $1599 w/o case. I played it for about an hr yesterday, sweet guitar. Nice Quilted Purple/Pinkish top with matching headstock, H-S-H, Ebony board. The guy I know who works there offered it to me with the deluxe prestige case out the door for $1500 tax included. I don't have the $$ right now, so I had to pass. But he did say it was the only one in the GC chain right now. I don't know if he got it from one of the TX stores or not.

I've read a few other posts saying that the hardware was gold, but I'm pretty sure it was the brushed aluminum or whatever you call it. I don't think it was gold..........don't quote me on this, I was pretty out of it so I may need to have the crack pipe taken away!

Just an FYI for anyone who is looking for one of these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 12:57 AM

Hey man, my cousin went down there a couple of days ago and told me about it. I am going to go down there tomorrow to check it out. Just curious, I know I guy at that store too that I am kind of friends with, by any chance is the guy that you know at that GC named Matt?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloist
Hey man, my cousin went down there a couple of days ago and told me about it. I am going to go down there tomorrow to check it out. Just curious, I know I guy at that store too that I am kind of friends with, by any chance is the guy that you know at that GC named Matt?
No its not Matt, its actually the Sales Manager Bill. Very cool guy, he always takes care of me when I go in there. I've bought a ton of gear from him.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 07:01 PM

That model has Cosmo hardware, the other two have pearl gold. Not a bad deal. Bill, are you out there? Want triplets?!?
Greg
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 08:06 PM

I tried that PR2 yesterday its awesome, the ultra neck is so much more comfortable to me than the wizard on the RG3120. I love everything about that guitar but the color, I mean it looks awesome but I dont know how cool it would be if and when the novelty wore of.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 11:34 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone mind pointing me in the direction of some pics of that model they have for sale?

Also, can anyone provide the phone number to that GC?

yes...I'm interested!

Thanks,
Chris
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS ROYAL DARKNESS
Also, can anyone provide the phone number to that GC?

yes...I'm interested!

Thanks,
Chris
The number for that GC is 602-375-7739. I don't have any pics of that model though. I'm sure someone on here does though.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 01:52 PM

Thats odd I thought it was 602-375-3800
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloist
Thats odd I thought it was 602-375-3800
That's the number I got off of GC website.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 05:02 PM

There was a RG-PR-2 in phoenix,now it's heading to MN.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkelm
That model has Cosmo hardware, the other two have pearl gold. Not a bad deal. Bill, are you out there? Want triplets?!?
Greg
As much as I would have enjoyed having three of these, I'm REALLY glad I didn't see this message in time to have a shot at a third one.

Two of these beauties are plenty.

Bill
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 10:52 PM

Anyone have any idea how many of these were made?And Bill,I'm glad you didn't see this,too! Mike
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 01:13 PM

I've heard several times that there were twelve of these made, but haven't heard anything definitive.

They sound great and play great, and they're visually just a little over the top.

Enjoy it Mike, and if you ever decide to sell it, hmmm, well, get in touch with me.

Bill

Tags
cosmo hardware , ebony board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode