it's all back to you, you are the one who gonna play those things.
if it's gonna be your first guitar, you'd better try them both and make decision ur self, don't let anyone tell you what to choose, because i'm an ibanez man, naturally i will say : go with the ibanez, **** esp!
other things should be considered :
1. they both metal machine.
2. the both 24 fret, 25,5" scale
3. the RGA has maple top, in my ears, maple top will make the sound a little softer. the M2 will have all the monster tone you can expect,
4. M2 has floyd on it, do you like it?
5. RGA only fixed bridge.
6. they both made in japan, new price: the M2 is higher than RGA.
7. i don't know what year of M2 you are looking at, i think the newer M2 comes with seymour duncan pickups, while RGA only has V series pickups.
8. good luck
Last edited by jim777; 12-18-2007 at 10:47 PM.