GAK.co.uk - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Question GAK.co.uk

Hi, just wondering if any of you have any experience of buying stuff from www.gak.co.uk (guitar am and keyboard). I've decided to by the RG1570 off the internet as it is sooooo much cheaper, and this site seems to be the best (and I have a friend who has bought off here and says it was good). Just want to see what your experiences with this site are like before I go ahead and buy the guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 01:25 PM

Re: GAK.co.uk

woah i heard that that site is a load of @#$#@ but i cant say this for sure as i just heard one guy say it loosely lol
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 01:34 PM

Whilst I'm sure lots of people have had good shopping experiences from them, I personally had a lot of trouble. I won't go into any detail, but I certainly won't buy from them in the future. I'd suggest you buy from Rich at IbanezRules or Eric at Eric's Guitars.

Last edited by Awakened Sleeper; 05-27-2006 at 01:43 PM.
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 01:37 PM

DO NOT BUY. DO NOT BUY. DO NOT BUY.

This site has great customer service. Excelent packaging. And a wide selection of guitars.

BUT THE PRICES ARE INSANE. Seriously just shop around a little bit and i garuntee you will find for so much cheaper. I've calculated more than once that buying from abroad and paying the extra p&p will still work out cheaper than there.

Btw a mate of mine bought a s470 from there, and payed a FORTUNE for it. He was insistent he wanted it form a reputable UK company though. And that they are.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

GAK is one of the cheapest places I have found so far for the RG1570 (and the most reputable sounding one) , and I've looked at lots of places. Hmm, I'm confused now coz these replies contradict each other :S, anyways, ty for the advice.

Last edited by SirGary; 05-27-2006 at 02:49 PM.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 05:03 PM

I agree with SirGary, I found GAK to be one of the cheapest places when I bought my Ibanez J-Custom RG8670 a year or two ago. They've got a great range of guitars and amps and I had no problems when buying my gear, great customer service too. Although I have heard the odd bad stories with GAK (nothing to worry), but from my personal experience, they're pretty good.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 05:33 PM

I brought a guitar a couple of years back from GAK and never had any problems with them. I got the guitar quickly and the guy I dealt with via e-mail was very friendly.
But having said that, I'd rather pick up a guitar over here or over at evilbay because it'll be cheaper. Yeh sure it won't be new, but who cares!!!
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

ty for the advice. I've really set my heart on a new guitar coz I'm like that, so looks like I'll be ordering off GAK once their customer survices has got back to me-probably not till tuesday
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 05:47 PM

Also, check out either Regents Guitars (in Leamington) http://www.guitars.co.uk/ or Nevada Music http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/ if you're going to buy new
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 06:47 PM

OK listen to me. I said specificaly that they WERE a good company. You will have 0 trouble buying from them.

However if you think they are cheap then you clearly have not tried searching hard enough. I garuntee I could find ANY guitar on there for cheaper. Oh and whoever said there J Custom was cheap from there really needs to use google.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 08:20 PM

Print that out, print out the price conversion, take it to your local sam ash/guitar center. Then they have to match those prices. Gonna do this with my soon to be digitech whammy!
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgt_Lover
OK listen to me. I said specificaly that they WERE a good company. You will have 0 trouble buying from them.

However if you think they are cheap then you clearly have not tried searching hard enough. I garuntee I could find ANY guitar on there for cheaper. Oh and whoever said there J Custom was cheap from there really needs to use google.
Quite a blunt statement there? - I must agree, some products that they offer are slighty expensive and if you shop around i'm sure you can find cheaper - but that can be said for anything, whether you're buying clothes, dvds etc. But If you must know, 2 years ago, the J-Custom + a few japanese prestige series were officially released in the UK and a handfull of stores offered them at a limited stock. GAK, Nevada and some others. Out of all the stores, GAK was certainly the cheapest, offering the RG8670 at a very nice price of £1149 compared to other shops which offered it at £1499. I remember doing my research correctly, checking the UK offical ibanez/tama/laney distributor for all stores and checking their prices (+ using google) and managed to score a great new guitar at a low price.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 06:57 AM

I bought some recording gear from them and the service couldn't have been better, very fast postage.

I have also asked them various questions about amps and guitars in the past and they have always answered quickly and been perfectly friendly.

My bandmate bought his JCustom RG8670 and a Marshall 4x12 cab from there also and he also had no problems.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 02:04 PM

the shop itself (in brighton) is quite cool though, nice selection of ibanez's and prs' and its near the milkshake shop!
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 10:57 AM

Shesh talking about falling on deaf ears. YES THEY ARE GREAT AND FANTASTIC AWESOME COMPANY. Ok got that out the way. THEY ARE WAY TO EXPENSIVE. OK, clear?

If your willing to spend £100s more for a reputable service then be my guest. Small companies and private owners all sell the same guitars for cheaper. They deserve as much as a chance as the larger buisness.

Tags
digitech whammy , guitar shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , local guitar shop , local music shop , sam ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode