Galveston acrylic guitars - I know I'm gonna get shot for po - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Galveston acrylic guitars - I know I'm gonna get shot for po

I want a cheap acrylic guitar. after having seen a certain one from galveston on Ebay this week I tried searching for a dealer or distributor on the net. Anybody know where to look? Or where to get any cheap acrylic guitar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 10:00 PM

Galveston acrylic guitars

BC Rich have some acrylic Warlocks and Mockingbirds, in different colours, list price $600-700. you can get 'em anywhere. check out their site
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2002, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I've seen those, but they're butt-ugly. Also you can't get them in clear acrylic, only coloured. I want a regular RG/Strat shape in clear, like some I've seen offered on Ebay. The sellers must be getting them from somewhere...
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2002, 04:38 PM

Kramer makes 2 acrylic guitars. *One is a Jackson Rhoads V knockoff and the other is a "Strat meets Saber" style. *Check http://www.musicyo.com for info.

Also, Kramer makes cool 7-strings w/ maple fretboards! *Right and lefty! *Ahh, I'm having G.A.S. for a cheapy guitar. *How weird. :sarcasm:
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 09:18 PM

WARNING!

These guitars are backbreakers. *VERY heavy. *Probably around 15+ pounds. *Good luck in your quest... that is all.

Gabe
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:15 PM

They actually had acrylic body guitars with Monkey Grip on Ebay a while ago. *
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 01:09 AM

A local shop has 3 of those "Acrylic-jemlike-things". *Purple, Yellow and Red. *They are galveston, I think. *I tried one once and it didn't suck as bad as a Vester he had hanging there, but it was not a jem...by far. *It actually has a sabre style body with Jem handle and H-S-H/Floyd.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I have the JSCP already and know how heavy acrylic guitars are. But I'm looking for a clear one (no colour) with a fixed bridge. There was one on Ebay recently but the reserve was out of this world!!! It also had a transparent headstock, which made me think it's might now be a Galveston. There's also crystalguitars.com, but the prices are insane and only three body shapes are available.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Spoke to the seller in Germany. Turns out it's a FINA guitar, some Korean company. No info on the net, other than a Fina in Taiwan, but they only make acoustics. Anyone know of a distributor?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 01:16 AM

Check out dillion guitars. *They make a PRS copy in Acrylic and I tried one of their other PRS copies...Not too bad for the $$$.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 02:37 PM

I looked for dillon acrylics, couldnt find any on the net. only a site with custom made acoustics *shrugs*. ive heard they sound like crap, but if anyone has a good link to some acrylics (besides cramers) id be into checking em out.

also, has anyone had any problems with em?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Talking Re: Galveston acrylic guitars -

I have 3 Galveston,1 Explorer,1 Les Paul,1 Stratocaster for sale at 450 each.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Re: Galveston acrylic guitars -

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraborarealtor View Post
I have 3 Galveston,1 Explorer,1 Les Paul,1 Stratocaster for sale at 450 each.
This thread is 8 years old. Something tells me that theres very little point in posting that. Especially since galveston guitars no longer seem to exist, according to the almighty google.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:14 PM

Wink Re: Galveston acrylic guitars - I know I'm gonna get shot for po

You don't find Galveston guitars on Google of course and that's why I'm mentioning it,you're making my point here by thinking they don't exist anymore, you just can't find those ANYWHERE,yes thanks man,this are really rare items indeed as you just proved it in your reply.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 08:30 PM

Re: Galveston acrylic guitars - I know I'm gonna get shot for po

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraborarealtor View Post
You don't find Galveston guitars on Google of course and that's why I'm mentioning it,you're making my point here by thinking they don't exist anymore, you just can't find those ANYWHERE,yes thanks man,this are really rare items indeed as you just proved it in your reply.
No, I am not making your point for you. The point I was making is that bumping a thread this old is annoying and useless. The people who posted in it are likely long gone by now, and at the very least are probably not looking for those guitars anymore, having long since either found them or given up. Also, rare does not mean valuable. There are for example, precious few copies of the videogame Shaq Fu in existence. This is not because it is valuable.

It is because of THIS: http://www.shaqfu.com/ourmission.php
Closed Thread

Tags
acrylic guitar , body shape , fixed bridge , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode