Gibson loses lawsuit - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Gibson loses lawsuit

Haha. Guess they can't control the guitar market and competition won out. (not that I'd buy a single cut guitar of any kind, but competition is a good thing...er, and Gibson is way overpriced for what you get)

http://www.prsguitars.com/news/stori...singlecut.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 05:18 AM

Re: Gibson loses lawsuit

That's some oooooooold news mate

Has been posted up here quite some time ago.

Anyway i'm happy they lost, they sould make the les paul cheaper now they have competition
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 05:47 AM

I would be willing to bet that they only did this for some publicity anyway. They had to know that they would lose. We already saw this once with Fender, and the headstock is the only thing you can't copy. That would be like Ford saying noone else is allowed to make cars. No, noone else can build a mustang or use ford badges, but that's about it.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu1tar
and Gibson is way overpriced for what you get)

So is PRS IMHO.

Regards

André

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoe
That's some oooooooold news mate

Has been posted up here quite some time ago.

Anyway i'm happy they lost, they sould make the les paul cheaper now they have competition

It actually isn't old- this recent ruling os on Gibson's appeal.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
So is PRS IMHO.

Regards

André
x2 I agree both are getting ridiculous.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen
It actually isn't old- this recent ruling os on Gibson's appeal.
Ok, sorry, my mistake
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:05 AM

It's probably been about 2-3 weeks since this story broke.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:50 AM

Gibsons and PRS's are overpriced but I would take a Gibson over a PRS anyday.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:58 AM

:S

I swear I read this a while back but oh wells
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 01:06 PM

Well most guitars are overpriced these days anyway. ESP guitar prices have shot up, (well for the signature series) and Ibanez has as well I believe.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu1tar
Haha. Guess they can't control the guitar market and competition won out. (not that I'd buy a single cut guitar of any kind, but competition is a good thing...er, and Gibson is way overpriced for what you get)

Are you the local Gibson Hater?? every post i read from you, you someohow have to include how bad and overpriced they are. I can see no overpriced ones.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 08:46 PM

Then you need to open you eyes a bit more, cause I've seen LOT'S of overpriced Gibsons. Their quality control is not like what it used to be. When I can pick up an Epiphone that plays better than two different LPs, something isn't right.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerx2k
When I can pick up an Epiphone that plays better than two different LPs, something isn't right.
Plays better how? And for who??

I have a Jem and a had a RG 550, played alike Jem overpriced??
I had a S470 which played by far better than my Prestige 2550. Is the 2250 really worth $900 or overpriced? I rather pick up my Explorer than my RG.
Same price range. And i didn't even needed to change the Pubs in the Gibby like i needed to in ALL my IB'z.

There are Gibsons in almost any Pricerange ..from $800 up to not sure how much. Which one is the overpriced?

Explorer for 1k or the V or the SG Supreme for 2k?? LP Studio for 1200 ?? Firebird?? Wich one? Name names.

Also Gibson has a limited lifetime warranty so if something is wrong they will take care of it. I just called in the other day in regards to my Custom LP and the service received was excellent.

Thousands of artists are playing Gibsons all day for a living.. they seem to be all stupid, as they could have much better instruments and way better sounding ones for way less money. All they have to do is to listen to some kids playing with some friends in garage and soon we see Slash or Zakk or Angus with a white, swirled or floral Jem on stage.

Regards
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj
Plays better how? And for who??

I have a Jem and a had a RG 550, played alike Jem overpriced??
I had a S470 which played by far better than my Prestige 2550. Is the 2250 really worth $900 or overpriced? I rather pick up my Explorer than my RG.
Same price range. And i didn't even needed to change the Pubs in the Gibby like i needed to in ALL my IB'z.

There are Gibsons in almost any Pricerange ..from $800 up to not sure how much. Which one is the overpriced?

Explorer for 1k or the V or the SG Supreme for 2k?? LP Studio for 1200 ?? Firebird?? Wich one? Name names.

Also Gibson has a limited lifetime warranty so if something is wrong they will take care of it. I just called in the other day in regards to my Custom LP and the service received was excellent.

Thousands of artists are playing Gibsons all day for a living.. they seem to be all stupid, as they could have much better instruments and way better sounding ones for way less money. All they have to do is to listen to some kids playing with some friends in garage and soon we see Slash or Zakk or Angus with a white, swirled or floral Jem on stage.

Regards
Drags, haven't you learned by now it's cool to bag on Gibson whether it's justified or not. Just because you can get a USA made Faded Gibson for around $600 Doesn't mean people can;t still say they are overpriced and then someone will ALWAYS say they played an A) Epiphone, B)Agile C)any other Korean knockoff that was better than every Gibson ever made.
I find it best to just ignore these kinds of posts since they are rarely ever done with any kind of first hand information.

Tags
david mccarroll , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode